Wa Dalmatian Breeder Recommendations?

dartuche

Hi, my sister is looking into getting a dalmatian as her first dog, and we live south of Perth in Western Australia. I've had a hunt around on dogs online and it seems that there are only two kennels that show dalmatians (Brondeal and Arranbrae) and a few other's that don't.

I poked my nose into the Dalmatian specific thread but it's pretty quiet there.

Has anyone gotten a Dalmatian from either the Brondeal or Arranbrae kennels, who can comment on what their experience was like with the breeder both before and after getting a pup? Or if you've gotten a pup from a different breeder, what was the process like, did you get support from the breeder afterwards etc?

I'm asking because I don't know much about Dalmatians myself, nor does my sister (I lurk in the Dobie threads here personally :p) and want to make sure that a) the dalmatian is the right breed for her and b) we find a reputable breeder.

My sister and her husband have a medium-small backyard. Although they both work full time someone is home by 4pm and they have a friend who will be happy to check in on and feed the pup through the day for the first few months. They're looking mostly for a family orientated dog that has medium exercise requirements, as they intend to start a family in the next 2 years. They're happy to walk the dog for up to 40-50 minutes a day but would like a dog that can also chill out with them.

They're interested in the breed because they've heard they're good family dogs with medium exercise requirements and low grooming requirements.

Any help is muchly appreciated :)

They should head down to a dog show where they can meet the Dallies being shown.one of the breeders you have listed hasn't as far as im aware breed a litter but has dogs from other breeders over east .

Don't be afraid to look at breeders east or even talk with them,there are some great ones who would be very upfront & honest about there suitability & some goods ones have kids

There not for everyone ,they shed something terrible & can be a velcro type of dog .

They should head down to a dog show where they can meet the Dallies being shown.one of the breeders you have listed hasn't as far as im aware breed a litter but has dogs from other breeders over east .

Don't be afraid to look at breeders east or even talk with them,there are some great ones who would be very upfront & honest about there suitability & some goods ones have kids

There not for everyone ,they shed something terrible & can be a velcro type of dog .

That's a good point, I was going to drag her along to one show at least so we could meet some breeders face to face, going from dogzonline I wasn't sure if there would be many people there!

Personally I LOVE the idea of a velcro dog, but I want my sister and her hubby to make the right choice, not just for them, but for their future dog as well.

I'll go stalk the online events calendar so that I can find something we can all go to.

Thank you for all the other replies as well, I really appreciate the help and tips =) Trying to make sure I get them to hit all the checkpoints properly when looking to get a pup - I want the breeder to interrogate them as well so they know for sure this is definitely the breed that's right for them.