Buddy The Rescue Dog Saves Owner From House Fire

tikira

The incredible difference a dog can make. This happened near Glen innes in a town called Red Range, and I am sure this dog has earned himself the grtitude of a township.

link http://www.armidaleexpress.com.au/story/4362046/as-soon-as-i-woke-i-could-smell-smoke-how-a-rescue-dog-saved-the-family-of-high-profile-animal-activist/?cs=471

Buddy the rescue dog saves animal rights activist and her family from house fire

16 Dec 2016

Judy, who is a high profile New England animal rights activist, awoke in the early hours of the morning to find her rescue dog, Buddy, alerting her of the fire, which had already engulfed most of the Red Range home.

“I was asleep in bed and Buddy, a rescue dog, jumped on the bed and licked my face and woke me,” Judy said.

The former Inverell solicitor picked up Buddy through her New England rescue dog service called Dogs Without Borders.

“As soon as I woke up I could smell smoke … I jumped into action and it happened in a blur,” she said.

Buddy the hero: Red Range resident Judy Scrivener with her hero Buddy after fire tore through their home on Friday.

Buddy the hero: Red Range resident Judy Scrivener with her hero Buddy after fire tore through their home on Friday.

“I grabbed my son who is almost blind and put him out in our vehicle and took the dogs out.”

Judy lost her phone in the process and had to call on her neighbours to contact fire crews.

Local crews fought the fire for two hours following the alert at around 2am on Friday morning.

“It was totally burnt out inside and the family has totally lost everything,” Glen Innes Fire Brigade Captain Earl Sharman said.

NSW Northern Tablelands RFS manager Christopher Walbridge said Red Range Brigade, NSW Fire Rescue and Glen Innes Rural Fire Service responded.

“The structure was completely destroyed,” he said.

“At this stage the blaze is still under investigation.”