Reincarnation

denali

I saw this trailer and someone else asked me my thoughts on reincarnation so thought id ask on DOL.

Perhaps this is the reason pedigree dogs breed true- because they are the same dogs again and again :D

I didnt, but at the risk of sounding insane, i swear 100% my most recently deceased cat has come back reincarnated as my current one.

They are just so similar in almost every way, and from day 1 at 5 weeks old Scrat just had my heart and seemed to belong. Todd my previous boy was only with me for about 2 years after just walking in as a kitten.

Do you believe that your pets can come back in another life?

Have you ever experienced it?

Please share your stories and pics if you have :)

Edited by denali

Not exactly a reincarnation story but my first dog died four years ago, her name was Lilly and we had her cremated and scattered some of the ashes in the garden and planted a peace lily plant there, it never flowered for four years and i was sure that it would just die so i tried not to assign too much value to it

The day i brought my new puppy home a few months ago it flowered for the first time :) too beautiful a coincidence <3

not really a believer but I felt she was sort of giving me permission to move on because I had felt so guilty for years about gettting the new pup

Your two are adorable! ????

Edited by mowgliandme

Not exactly a reincarnation story but my first dog died four years ago, her name was Lilly and we had her cremated and scattered some of the ashes in the garden and planted a peace lily plant there, it never flowered for four years and i was sure that it would just die so i tried not to assign too much value to it

The day i brought my new puppy home a few months ago it flowered for the first time :) too beautiful a coincidence <3

not really a believer but I felt she was sort of giving me permission to move on because I had felt so guilty for years about gettting the new pup

This belongs in "Other'. Lovely as the stories are, they have nothing to do with pedigree dogs.

This belongs in "Other'. Lovely as the stories are, they have nothing to do with pedigree dogs.

Let me make it about pedigree dogs then......

2 of my border collie girls are super similar. In looks and temperament. Both small, stocky girls with wavy coats. Both would have jumped off a cliff to follow me.

They aren't from the same kennel but have dogs in common in their pedigree. Similar lines. All my border collies have been quite similar because I've picked dogs with similar lines. My 2 boys were very similar too. Both big boofy boys who loved everyone.

That to me is what makes a good pedigree dog. The lines breeding true so you know what you are getting.

I met a puppy I had bred when she was in her twilight years and it was like meeting her mother. Bittersweet.

Years ago we had a standard Schnauzer..He was my heart dog and knew without having to be spoken to, exactly what was wanted of him.

When he left us, we welcomed into the family a mini Schnauzer and I am convinced that our standard boy has come back in a smaller package.

It's uncanny how alike his emotions and knowledge are to our beautiful standard boy. He knows exactly what I want of him.

Edited by twodoggies2001

Your two are adorable! ��

Wow. Whats got your panties in a bunch?

I have now made it more about pedigree dogs. but its equally as off topic as some other posts often in general discussion.

Sorry Troy. Please move it.

Your two are adorable! ��

Let me make it about pedigree dogs then......

2 of my border collie girls are super similar. In looks and temperament. Both small, stocky girls with wavy coats. Both would have jumped off a cliff to follow me.

They aren't from the same kennel but have dogs in common in their pedigree. Similar lines. All my border collies have been quite similar because I've picked dogs with similar lines. My 2 boys were very similar too. Both big boofy boys who loved everyone.

That to me is what makes a good pedigree dog. The lines breeding true so you know what you are getting.

I met a puppy I had bred when she was in her twilight years and it was like meeting her mother. Bittersweet.

It is a great thing isnt it.

So cool that the lines in your case are so true as well :)

Can't say i have experienced the same with my dogs yet.

Edited by denali

Not reincarnation as such but definately a message from the rainbow bridge - I had a rescue SBT who lived to almost 17. I could no longer foster because of the strain it would put on her. Our last foster, an SBT puppy arrived when she was about 14 years old and she took on a mother role but she still had all her faculties then. After she passed away I wanted to start fostering again but wasn't sure if the time was right and if we were all ready as she had been a major player in our household. One night she was my dream. It was a cruise ship that was sinking and she kept guiding me to safety on the different levels until we were safely back on dry land, then she just dissappeared into the crowd. I took it to say she was giving me her blessing to move forward without her. In the 16 years I'd had her and the months since she passed I had never had her in any of my dreams yet there she was that night. It helped me put to rest my concerns and we applied and got our first pei foster boy. And in another coincidence, the SBT puppy she'd nurtured turned into the most nurturing dog herself, helping the most terrified and shut down of our fosters come out of their shells and learn to trust again.

Edited by Little Gifts

Again... purebreds. Tibetan Spaniels, the little monastery dogs, come with reincarnation built in.

The Dalai Lama says “A dog is more important than any other possessions. A dog has a soul and is an important member of the family".

When each of the Lamas' dogs dies, it's reincarnated into another monastery dog, so they have lifetimes of being with their people.

I've noticed something with the tibbies. When one tibbie dies, its family is devastated & they can't believe they can ever have another dog that could bond in the same special way.

Then....like a miracle, along comes another tibbie needing a new home, just at the right time...& it already starts showing some of those unique features as the one that's died. It's happened so often that we've taken to saying that the one that's passed has arranged that this particular new one should come.

An example. Neighbours about 4 months ago lost their beloved tibbie, Lily, to a sudden illness. Their hearts were broken, Lily was so bound up in their lives. They said....not now could they consider another one, maybe end of next year. Then couple weeks back, a registered breeder advised he had 3 adult tibbies for new homes. They'd been saved from a tragic fire which killed their breeder owner....4 months back.

I gave the list to the neighbours. The husband went to look at the 3 tibbies. One firmly pushed his way thro' the crowd of purebred tibbies to sit at his feet. They adopted him..... & he settled in their home as if he'd lived there all his life. And instantly bonded. Again, it was if Lily arranged for him to come.

Edited by mita

Yeah not reincarnation as such, but along the lines of what JulesP was talking about. I wish I knew our Papillon's pedigree but we don't have it. I do know the breeder's prefix. Would Dogs NSW have details of litters registered in 1990? In any case, Kalkite have a couple of Papillons, one bred by this breeder being Aust Ch Judylin A Litldabo Magic and another, Aus Ch Kalkite Black Orchid who doesn't have any Judylin in her but gosh darn does she look similar, same smile and there's something in the eyes. And they have other Paps with Ch Sandrinas Gothic Rose in their lineage which have a certain something I can't put my finger on. I would love to meet these dogs, maybe I should I go to a Pap show but oh my I would be a blubbering mess. :o

It's like looking and seeing family.

Edited by Papillon Kisses

Four years ago my beautiful brindle boy, Bear, passed away at almost 14 years of age, my heart broke into little pieces and still gets in that state out of the blue and then it is a teary day.

Bear had the most wonderful placid nature loved everyone and was always on hand to babysit any babies,puppies that arrived in our house, he loved baby puppies, he had one fault if you could call it that, if i was out of sight he would sit and cry until I appeared back in the room, never thought that I would see another like him, his Sire was imported from Holland and I had the privilege of being able to use this dog to get my Bear.

Well six weeks ago my friend in NSW, who has a great grand daughter on one side of her pedigree had five amazing babies she was sired by Bear's son a Grand Champion that I bred, in this litter three pieds a fawn and an amazing brindle boy, when I saw the first pictures I thought that is Bear, now as he gets older he is looking more and more like Bear in fact an image of him and I could hardly believe it but he cries if his person is not around and needs to be picked up, I swear Bear waited for the right nurturing breeder to come along before he decided to come back down, naturally this new little man has been given the name of Bear as his pet name.

His litter brother a hooded pied is the image of Bear's only litter brother.

Next visit to family in NSW next year I will be heading to my friend's place to see "my" Bear.

Do I believe in reincarnation? Absolutely. I've seen over 15 of my past lives & have helped others to witness hundreds of theirs.

Over 7 years ago, I lost my beautiful Rotti at 14yo. There was no way that I could ever replace him, he was that special. I've thought of him fondly everyday since, knowing without doubt that he'd be waiting for me when it's my time to pass over.

Over the last several months, I kept getting the feeling that a new companion would not replace Ponti, but fill the void left by his absence.

Over the preceding 7 years, Ponti would visit me in my dreams, but I'd become upset because at some level I'd be aware that I hadn't been buying him food, although he looked healthy & happy. Since then, I wouldn't remember the dream, but would awake feeling really happy, knowing that he had visited me during the night to check in on me. It sounds weird, I know.

A month or so back I awoke knowing that Ponti had 'told me' that I need a new mate (Ponti always considered it his duty in life to take care of me)

I'm an amputee & have a bulging disc in my back, a puppy was not an option so I was looking for an 18 month old. No-way could I have a pup, the thought was impractical & ludicrous.

Long story short, a series of synchronicities led me to the most amazing 8 week old pup. Zagan had chosen me & I couldn't say no.

Zagan seems to be aware that I have a disability & does not squirm nor lift his head when I step over or around him. He's slept for 6-7 hours straight every night over the last 2 weeks without any accidents. Zagan settles down next to me & sleeps while I have a nanna nap. He never whinges or whines (except for when I put him in the bathroom when I have to leave him alone but settles himself quickly) He happily plays under the table while I'm at the computer. He's like a cheeky, rambunctious, intelligent, sweet, curious & obedient head on old shoulders. It's like he already knows me.

At first I thought that Ponti had chosen Zagan for me. Yesterday I wondered for the first time if Zagan was actually Ponti returned. Then I read your thread.

I don't believe in coincidence but I definitely believe in reincarnation. Time will tell me if Ponti has returned as Zagan.