Discount Dog Agility Stuff Site

I might be late to the party on this website but it was suggested to me cause it's got lots of home dog agility stuff and other items!

http://m.crazysales.com.au

I'm getting some of the agility come pay day! Definitely the tunnel and weaving and either the jumps or the jump hoop. Haven't yet worked out if they sell balance balls.

Anyway thought others might want to know for home fun

Oh is it? It's the tunnel I really wanted, to work on her "there's something above my head" confidence :( my recommendee is an owner with similar type dog so figured so far so good?

http://m.crazysales.com.au/online-5-5m-portable-pet-dog-agility-training-exercise-tunnel-chute-with-carry-bag-17555.html

although suppose the photoshopped boston(?) is a good indicator it's prob not of big enough size...oh there's that measurement very far down the page. 60cm high. for my 65cm high dog. :o she is taller than other dog...

oh well, good to know for future puppies and small dogs! or people who just want a one off back yard game?

Back to stalking that aussie dog gear swap and sell ;) Come on tunnel....

Another issue with the flimsy tunnels is the inability to stake them down properly - and that can lead to a real sapping of confidence if it rolls. Puppies exploring isn't such a big deal but anything stronger can be.

You can build great obstacles with PVC pipe from Bunnings if you want to work with structures overhead.

Thistle, if it's getting used to the 'something over the head' that you really need, a much cheaper solution is some hila hoops (from the cheap shop .. but get the bigger ones, and an old sheet or bedspread. You start with shaping the dog to go through the hoop . . then through 2 hoops close together, then 3 .. or 2 further apart. Then put a towel or something over the top of the hoops ..and progress to a row of hoops with a bedspread/sheet over them. Obviously with loads of rewards fro bravely going through.

This recipe worked really well for a biggish greyhound girl we had at class. She has become quite the tunnel suck now :laugh: .

Oh and for anyone else reading this, be aware that the weave pole spacing is not ANKC regulation .. it's narrower. And second what TSD said about age to start them weaving.

ETA ... for balance equipment, we've found that Hart Sport is a good source .. much cheaper than the specific dog stuff, and reliable.

Edited by Tassie

Thanks tassie ???? I like that hoop and blanket ideas. I can't justify going to kepala just for the hoop. Also good to know about the ankc regulations if ever went down that path. Obviously not with this girl, just like doing things with her.

I'll check that balance out! I want to keep those leg muscles of her working, considering how straight they are, with low impact stuff. Long run health goal hopes.

Yes similar to what tassie said if you only need something to practice her confidence building you can make a little tunnel type thing out of stuff you might already have, not pretty and not for leaving out, but it works for the meantime...

Maybe some saw horses or chairs or similar and space them out and drape a sheet/blanket/tarp over the top.

Or maybe some hula hoops and get some sort of U shaped tent peg to peg them into the ground they might stand up? And drape fabric over. Maybe have a play around and see what you can invent! Haha.

But thanks for the heads up for that website, we aren't too into agility as we can't do proper classes but Monty has a jump that I made out of PVC which is pretty good, needs fixing though as he chewed part when it blew over ????

Thistle, if it's getting used to the 'something over the head' that you really need, a much cheaper solution is some hila hoops (from the cheap shop .. but get the bigger ones, and an old sheet or bedspread. You start with shaping the dog to go through the hoop . . then through 2 hoops close together, then 3 .. or 2 further apart. Then put a towel or something over the top of the hoops ..and progress to a row of hoops with a bedspread/sheet over them. Obviously with loads of rewards fro bravely going through.

This recipe worked really well for a biggish greyhound girl we had at class. She has become quite the tunnel suck now :laugh: .

Oh and for anyone else reading this, be aware that the weave pole spacing is not ANKC regulation .. it's narrower. And second what TSD said about age to start them weaving.

ETA ... for balance equipment, we've found that Hart Sport is a good source .. much cheaper than the specific dog stuff, and reliable.

That's an awesome idea with the Hart stuff! We had some of that brand stuff at school, just had a look and it's much cheaper than specific dog ones. The agility class near me uses the plastic yellow poles that they use at schools instead of agility jumps and weaves