What To Put In Iceblocks For Dogs Please?

Basically any treat. AS well as those already suggested, try:

Slices or balls of watermelon or cantaloupe, jerky, a thin layer of peanut butter on one of the layers. Pretty much anything goes.

If the dogs are new to iceblocks wit the embedded treats, make the top layer with some different types of treats poking out of the ice so they get the idea. :)

Guest crazydoglady99

Mine get chicken liver broth.

You could literally use A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G.

Think dinner left overs, treats, kibble, tinned dog food, fruits and veggies, sardines are a big hit too.

I dont use kongs - I use small containers or even old milk containers - what ever is on hand and make up a few in one go so they're ready to be popped out when I need one. I've done the following - in many variations:

Fruit - Blueberries are good. Veg is good too - but I only use veg he really loves - so corn, peas.

Tuna + "tuna juice"

Off cuts from meat when preparing human dinner (chuck it all in your "iceblock container" over several nights & freeze - then just top off with liquid when its full)

Kibble, liver treats, other treats. If you put kibble + liver treats in the same one the liver sinks and the kibble floats & you get a yummy double banger with stuff on each end.

Yoghurt

Have never tried peanut butter as my dog doesnt like it.

I use mostly yogurt - not much - couple of teaspoons per 600ml or so.

I sometimes use a tiny bit of promite or vegemite dissolved in hot water.

And she seems to love the water that gets drained off pasta. It's a tiny bit salty and quite a bit starchy so that would make a good iceblock.

And she sometimes eats plain iceblocks.

I could possibly also mix in grated cheese - she loves that stuff or shredded chicken or whatever sandwich protein I'm using (ham, chicken, salmon etc).

I used to make ice blocks for my ferrets (before they were in the nice air conned house!!), and I've found it best to freeze the kibble on its own first, then put it in water to freeze up an ice block, otherwise it absorbs water and goes gross and mushy and all over everything.

For the dogs, I usually made either a weak stock mix or just plain water, I had a nice big container that was just a tad smaller than their main water bowl, so would just dump it in the water bowl so they could have a nice cool drink.