Conmurra Twin Tank Auto-Fill

Lozz

Hi, I am looking at purchasing a new Hydrobath and I'm looking at the Conmurra's, either the single tank or twin tank auto fill, unless anyone can suggest better? I'v also looked at the Aussie Hydrobath standard or deluxe which I think used to be Fido'd brand. They are almost the same as Conmurra just slightly cheaper is that correct?

I'm not sure how the twin tanks work, but here is what I want to be able to do.......

I want to be able to bath 6 dogs. Fill the wash tank with shampoo and water. Fill the rinse tank with fresh water. Wash the dog with the wash tank then rinse the dog with the rinse tank while the wash tank is draining and being refilled with the water that I am using for the rinsing (to essentially refill the wash tank with the rinsing water, then add shampoo and use that water to wash the next dog). In the meantime the rinse tank is being auto-filled as I am using it. Would this work?

At the moment I have a very old hydrobath that is like a single tank conmurra I think. I have done a few alterations to it. I have drilled out a hole and installed a drainage pipe at the highest level of the single wash tank so that the water auto drains out that pipe when it hits that level. Is this what a bypass drain is? (as the conmurra is advertised with a drain bypass or tank bypass)

Overall I may not benefit from the twin tank as I do have a hot/cold water mixer tap available. The only benefit i can see of a twin tank is the pressure of the hydrobath to use for rinsing long thick double coated dogs, but does the tank auto-refill keep up with the flow of rinsing water being used?

If anyone can shed some light on this that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

How they normally work is like this: one tank is heating the water, you move water from this tank into a 'washing' tank, I normally add shampoo into the washing tank. Wash the dog. Drain the washing tank. Flick over to the heating tank for fresh water for rinsing. So the good thing about a twin tank is you have fresh water heating up whilst you are washing.

You could fill the wash tank with the rinsing water by turning the draining bit off so the rinse water isn't draining out.

My main angst with the FIdo is that it takes a while to heat up the water. This is ok if you are spending time drying the dogs off.