To Vaccinate Or Not.

Scrappi&Monty

1 hour ago, Papillon Kisses said:

There's a couple of different ways.

There's a blood test they can send off to pathology. All vets should be able to do that, but it can be very expensive. Prohibitantly so.

A second way is the Vaccicheck titre test. This is in house and a lot cheaper, but not many vets offer it as it's so new in Australia.

More details and some vets listed here: http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/267474-vaccichecklooking-for-interested-dog-owners/#comment-6845142

Dr Jaime Jackson from Primal Paws (Jumabaar on DOL) may be able to do a house call depending on your area.

Ohh cool I have seen Jumbaar before, I will have a look at that. We won't be needing titres for a while though as they only just got vaccinated about a month ago. 

Quite frankly after reading about the absolute hell and anguish someone went through who lost their puppy to parvo this week I think anyone not vaccinating their dogs as per whatever the schedule is 1 or 3 years their vet has is crazy and hopefully not walking their dogs where I walk mine.  What a horrific disease and this time of year you panic as for some reason gastro bugs seem common in Jan/Feb (at least for me last three years and three dogs - one older who is now gone and then this year the puppy plus an adult in his prime).

• Like 1