Proheart 12 Reaction

We tragically lost our dog yesterday 30.mins after he was given a proheart 12 needle and his annual vaccination. We are all very upset and in shock to loose or beloved pet so suddenly.

After doing some research I found this site and I am wanting to know if anyone has had this happen to their dogs.

We tragically lost our dog yesterday 30.mins after he was given a proheart 12 needle and his annual vaccination. We are all very upset and in shock to loose or beloved pet so suddenly.

After doing some research I found this site and I am wanting to know if anyone has had this happen to their dogs.

You might want to ad a note to the sticky about reporting toxicity in the General Forum, and report the toxicity. I am aware of people warning against the proheart 12 needle, but can't remember anyone posting that their dog had died from it.

crying.gifcrying.gif OMG, I am so deeply sorry. Such a loss and tragic thing to have happened.

My dogs were all on annual injections but whether is was Proheart 12 I don't recall. It was Proheart though. As all mine are elderly, I stopped all val a couple of years ago, and now just continue with flea and tick prevention.

Heartfelt condolences.

:cry: So very, very sorry Ggardiner .. what a horrible thing to happen. You must be devastated. And in answer to your question, yes I do know at least one person who had a dog die as a reaction to the Proheart 12. That was several years ago ... but was a young healthy dog.

Please make sure an adverse reaction report is made to the authorities Veterinary Medicines Authority .. whether it was the heartworm injection (most likely) or the routine vaccinations, or the combination, it is really important that the data is recorded. While it won't assist you, it may help a little to know that you're doing something to help prevent other people going through the same tragic experience.

:cry: I am so sorry for your loss. Our 3 resident Kelpies have all been on the proheart annual injection for the last 6 years and been fine but things like this certainly happen :'( So sorry to hear about this. Edited by koalathebear