Livamol For Dogs? Anyone Used/using It?

lcprgf

Hi,

Whilst feeding the horses tonight I accidently dropped a small amount of Livamol on the floor. Nelly (my 17 wk Douge De Bordeaux) quikly licked it up, she loved it.

I realise on the pakage it says it can be fed to dogs.

But I was wondering if there is anyone who recommends it or anyone with a horror story to tell me about it. I am about to e-mail her breeder and ask what she thinks, but if anyone else has any pros or cons on it I would be greatful.

Thanks heaps.

ED: Cause I am a fool who spelt Livamol wrong..... :rofl: :p

I've been using it for a VERY long time now... think I'd know how to spell....

Edited by lcprgf

Knew of a breeder who swore by this stuff for all her show and breeding stock - used it for many years! (And her dogs were always in lovely condition) She bred MANY champions and BIS winners, in several breeds.

We have only used it for our show horses - wonderful stuff....

I use it in every feed i give my dogs..

i always wet it and make like a soup out of it then pour it over the food..

dogs love it, its great for their coats and i found moods are better and brighter, weight is easier to control as well with it...

i give Livamol the :rofl:

Karen

:p :eek::eek:

Duh just realised I am spelling it wrong......LIVAMOL

Also my computer is driving me insane....... trying to get a better virus thingo POPUPS!!!!

We currently use it for our show horses (anyone off to Blacktown on Sunday?), but my OH now makes me give it to his race horses.... :rofl:

BTW If anyone goes to Blacktown..... Can't miss us..... Tiny Tots... Black welsh mare, 3 white socks, big white blaze.......Stressed out mum....... May have Douge De Bordeaux in tow..... not sure yet. Big ask, 4 yr old child 9 mth old child, pony, pram..... dog?????????? maybe not but we'll see.

I am pretty sure my friends will be at Blacktown this weekend, I usually go and help them with the horses etc.. but i will be moving to Oberon...

they have the big (16.3hh+) anglo gelding 'the imprezza' and an anglo mare.. if you see em, go up and say hi to em, they are lovely people...

good luck at the show

:rofl: Karen

BTW If anyone goes to Blacktown..... Can't miss us..... Tiny Tots... Black welsh mare, 3 white socks, big white blaze.......Stressed out mum....... May have Douge De Bordeaux in tow..... not sure yet. Big ask, 4 yr old child 9 mth old child, pony, pram..... dog?????????? maybe not but we'll see.***

Oh I can sooo relate to this scene....

good luck... & dont forget the rescue remedy... :rofl:

never found a dog yet that didnt like livamol or molases... used to be like a pack of piranhas in the feed shed :p

Edited by griff

Cheers, thanks for the replies.....

Griff; I have her in the feed room with me, because it's dark and scary...... I feel sooooo much safer with her there. It was her first time in there at feed up time, and she absolutely packed it whne she seen me coming with 5 buckets in each hand....... I must have looked like a big bucket bearing monster!

Ooooh I had an anglo..... that was pre-baby days..... If I get a chance I'll give them a hello...

ED: Cause I am a fool who spelt Livamol wrong..... :p :eek:

I've been using it for a VERY long time now... think I'd know how to spell....

:eek: You might want to check out the spelling of your puppies breed :hug:Dogue :rofl: Sorry lcprgf, it's just since you've gotten your baby, I've noticed quite a few others call then 'Douges' aswell as that's what you always call Nell. You could be starting something here ;) What does the Livamol do? Wherabouts in Blacktown? What exactly are the horses doing? Would love to show my daughter some ponies soon. :hug: (and pinch Nell for a cuddle!)

Sorry Dru, haven't been back on until now.... Douge.... crappo me, just typing too fast and when I do read through's I always miss it....

I'm usually 1/2 asleep when I do these things.

Ummmm Good question about whereabouts..... It was a showground somewhere....... I have been showing horses since I was a kid, and just got used to where these things have been held..... But I also went with a friend who did the driving.... I did the trying to sleep thing...

They were all show horses. It was a show held by the Arabian Horse Society, so there were a few Arab's a few mix breeds etc etc.

We use Livamol in the horses as a coat conditioner. It's pretty much just that, although it contains vitamins and minerals..... Which I am guessing contribute to their coats....... Wow what an answer... Sorry!

Lucky me got to leave both my 9 month old and Nell at home with my mum!!!!!!!! It turned out to be a good idea, my poor daughter was riding from 9 in the morning to about 2 in the arvo, she was sooooo tired, me too, and I got sunburnt!.

I was supposed to put a heap of emoticons in this, but because I am really really 1/2 asleep then here are the ones I wanted to put in various places..... :rofl::rofl::rofl::clap::clap::rofl::angel:

cheers

• 4 months later...
Guest cloverfdch

I have been giving it to the dogs for about 2 weeks now and they are looking great :clap:. Elvis' coat is looking lovely and shiny, and it is so soft. they also love the taste of the stuff, El who is sometimes a bit fussy has been eating all of his dinner.

;).