Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online: Stafford Fans - Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online

• 1662 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stafford Fans I have converted another

#24916 User is offline   Rainy 

• Pawfect
  • State:NSW

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostSandra777, on 04 July 2014 - 10:06 AM, said:

View PostRainy, on 03 July 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

Don't tell her I forgot about her :o :laugh:

Ohhh I'm so going to dob you in :laugh:

#24917 User is offline   Staff'n'Toller 

• ~ Free Agent ~
  • State:VIC

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

View Postgreatdanegirl, on 05 July 2014 - 07:32 AM, said:

lil cracka coats are great, stiles has the polar fleece one atm. Stiles was also bred by lil cracka

thanks for your reply's ill take them all into consideration when we do look for another playmate. il be checking out all rescues as I'm keen to help save a life where we can. i think ill be giving away showing danes and owing them

one other question i did have, does anyone feed advance?? Stiles is currently on royal canin, but supply sort age can be a big issue for me, i work in a pet supply warehouse and have been offered " staff feeding" where our reps pay for our dogs food basically

I've fed the turkey and rice advance with success. :)

Not sure if they have a fish based one, now?

#24918 User is offline   J.H.M 

• Forum Regular
  • State:QLD

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:32 AM

Nice pics

Here is Jess being attacked this morning by some mini dobes
http://youtu.be/lIY9qbmaipo

#24919 User is offline   Little Gifts 

• Shar Pei Diem

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

View Postgreatdanegirl, on 01 July 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

i think stiles needs a new brother or sister to play with and company when were not home. I'm thinking an older dog, from 1 yr on.

what breeds do you have with your staffy's, apart from other staff's of course?

I think I'm about to walk away from great danes, after much heartbreak and hurtful actions from some person's :mad

This might sound like a strange mix but I have a shar pei foster failure and having fostered and been around quite a few SP I've found them to be a good playmate match for my sbt girl. They love zoomies, bitey face, tug, destroying stuffed toys, are strong, confident, intelligent and play just as rough. They go from active to zzz's at the same rate too. Size wise my tang style pei has the same body length and chest width as my sbt and they weigh around the same. Her legs are slightly longer and neck slightly smaller. They can't wear the same harnesses but they do share coats. Pei get quite closely bonded with their humans so I have double the cuddles, one dog under each armpit! I'm very routine orientated with my dogs and I think our pei girl is even more of a stickler with 'the rules' than I am! She does push at the ones she doesn't feel are necessary but for all our sakes we don't let her get away with too much.

SP are not a breed recommended for first time owners but I have been very pleasantly surprised about how well matched they have all been with my sbt girl who can be needy for human attention and get over excited by certain things. A lot of pei just don't care about other dogs so don't see them as competition, which obviously reduces a lot of potential conflict. Our foster failure is even a girl (the majority of our fosters were male) and that does not seem to have been an issue.

You do have to be willing to work around a pei's stubbornness and sometimes think creatively about training and expectations. The amount of calls I've put in to my behaviourist when the SP girl comes up with some new weird habit! And who would've guessed she finds agility equipment effortless! When she can be bothered with it that is! Health wise - we have been incredibly lucky with our pei. She had entropian surgery as a pup (no further issues), has always had a very closely monitored diet and only gets some minor contact allergies which we keep under control with calendula tea rinses and calendula cream if needed. Her ears are also generally good. But being a Tang style rather than the uber wrinkly western style pei helps. Our biggest issue really is keeping her warm in winter as she is a horsecoat. She does grow more fur for winter but it is still not enough to keep her warm without assistance.

#24920 User is offline   Lasareina 

• Forum Regular

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

View PostJ.H.M, on 06 July 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

Nice pics

Here is Jess being attacked this morning by some mini dobes
http://youtu.be/lIY9qbmaipo

That is gorgeous :D ... I watched it at work without sound, and then wanted to watch again at home to see if your Jess makes as much noise as my two. When they play you would assume there is a fight to the death going on with the amount of growling and weirdo vocalising going on haha. Jess seems more peaceful :p

#24921 User is offline   J.H.M 

• Forum Regular

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

Jess peaceful :rofl: she was still half asleep. She is a nutter lol

This post has been edited by J.H.M: 09 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

#24922 User is offline   greatdanegirl 

• Exhibitor/owner/GREAT Dane NUT!!!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

me again :o

Caught some piccies of stiles the otter day for his breeder, so thought id share. he's such a mummys boy :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24923 User is offline   Rainy 

• Pawfect

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

Too cute

#24924 User is offline   greatdanegirl 

• Exhibitor/owner/GREAT Dane NUT!!!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:09 AM

View PostRainy, on 12 July 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

Too cute

Thanks, we think so :)

#24925 User is offline   Lasareina 

• Forum Regular

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

Such a cute puppy Greatdanegirl - they grow up too fast!

We went to a lure racing day held by the Staffordshire Club of Qld a couple of weekends ago, after seeing the event on facebook while looking for coats! ( I ended up getting a couple of Wolf's den coats and the pups love them)

Hunter and Juno had a blast and did really well for their first attempt. We can't wait till the next one in August.

Here are some photos taken from the finish line... they get progressively less blurry the closer the pups get haha.

ETA sorry they are bigger than I thought... not sure how to resize them

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I had less of Juno that turned out as identifiable ... my OH was holding Hunter and trying to take photos at the same time :laugh:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Lasareina: 21 July 2014 - 01:07 PM

#24926 User is offline   Rainy 

• Pawfect

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

That looks like so much fun !!!

Every time i come up its on either the weekend before or after :(

I spy with my little eye a some one i'm going to go and annoy in a few weeks :D

#24927 User is offline   Lasareina 

• Forum Regular

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

it was awesome... Hunter particularly did really well on his second run so I'm keen to see if he improves on the next go :) I think my mum is going to bring her wolfhound cross and kelpie german shepherd cross along for a go at the next one as well!

#24928 User is offline   biglib 

• Forum Member

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

This is Bear, loves fishing out on the boat!!

Attached File(s)

#24929 User is offline   Lisey 

• Forum Regular

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

Very cute :) How does he go on the boat? Doesn't get sick or try to jump in the water?

#24930 User is offline   biglib 

• Forum Member

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

View PostLisey, on 25 July 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

Very cute :) How does he go on the boat? Doesn't get sick or try to jump in the water?

Hi, thanks ,no he doesn't get sick or try to jump out he actually hates the water n swims like a brick but LOVES the boat & kayak n knows when a fish is on the line!!!

Share this topic:

• 1662 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy | Web Site Terms and Conditions