Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online: Stafford Fans - Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online

• 1664 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stafford Fans I have converted another

#24946 User is offline   Lasareina 

• Forum Regular
  • State:QLD

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

How did you go at the show Rainy and Sandra777?

Got back from camping last night to see my two have morphed into sausages again :laugh: I obviously overestimated their portion sizes when I was making up their feeds again. They were super excited to see us... apparently my sister laid down the law and only let them sleep in the bed a couple of night before she got sick of their snoring and they were banished to the lounge :laugh: Might try and follow through on that in time for summer as 2 staffies in the bed can be a touch warm :o

This post has been edited by Lasareina: 11 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

#24947 User is offline   Rainy 

• Pawfect
  • State:NSW

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

Finally home from each huge weekend in Brisbane had an absolute blast Ronnie did really well even though I was a nervous wreck was a loooooong trip but well worth it here is a pic of her winnings , I couldn't convince her to show them off all she wants to do is sleep LoL

Posted Image

#24948 User is offline   Lasareina 

• Forum Regular

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

Wow congratulations! That looks like quite a haul!

#24949 User is offline   Sandra777 

• Forum Regular

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

Ronnie did awesome :D

My crowd, not so much LOL. 2nd & 3rd in a class of 20, 2nd in a class of 6 with a borrowed dog - that was about our contribution to the weekend.

#24950 User is offline   Lasareina 

• Forum Regular

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:09 PM

that sounds pretty damn good to me Sandra777!

#24951 User is offline   Tapua 

• Forum Regular

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:22 AM

I need advice with a situation- I am looking for a suitable home for a young Staffy male 7-8 months old. Is there anyone on here interested in or can recommend someone looking for a great companion dog?
Back-ground: I was asked to help a local lady who bought a Staffy as a companion dog, the lady in question has a disability and she was told the Staffy would be a great companion for her. Her disability Spina Bifida,means she walks with the aid of a frame, is unstable on her feet and he ability to hold things are compromised. Loui is a major trip factor he is boisterous and a jumper. This is a young boy, now desexed, papered about 7-8 months old while he has a sweet nature he will get much strongers and I have concerns - as she does herself , for her safety around him. They recognised quickly the dog wasn't suitable and asked the breeder to take him back - which he wouldn't - I am not interested in naming or shaming the breeder - what I am looking for is a suitable home for this young dog.
Loui the Staffy is a red & white male with a lovely outgoing nature, very good temperament, crate and lead trained. He would make a great companion dog for an able bodied person. There is nothing wrong behaviourally with this boy its just he is too boisterous and strong for this woman and a good home is sought. I hesitate to advertise him for fear of some fool getting him as a fighting dog or something else as dreadful. My only interest is to help the situation for the dog and current owners sake. Any advice would be appreciated. Please PM me if you have any suggestion. They paid $900 for the Loui and would appreciate atleast $500 for him.
Attached File  Loui 3.JPG (236.67K)
Number of downloads: 14

#24952 User is offline   Tapua 

• Forum Regular

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

View PostTapua, on 19 August 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

I need advice with a situation- I am looking for a suitable home for a young Staffy male 7-8 months old. Is there anyone on here interested in or can recommend someone looking for a great companion dog?
Back-ground: I was asked to help a local lady who bought a Staffy as a companion dog, the lady in question has a disability and she was told the Staffy would be a great companion for her. Her disability Spina Bifida,means she walks with the aid of a frame, is unstable on her feet and he ability to hold things are compromised. Loui is a major trip factor he is boisterous and a jumper. This is a young boy, now desexed, papered about 7-8 months old while he has a sweet nature he will get much strongers and I have concerns - as she does herself , for her safety around him. They recognised quickly the dog wasn't suitable and asked the breeder to take him back - which he wouldn't - I am not interested in naming or shaming the breeder - what I am looking for is a suitable home for this young dog.
Loui the Staffy is a red & white male with a lovely outgoing nature, very good temperament, crate and lead trained. He would make a great companion dog for an able bodied person. There is nothing wrong behaviourally with this boy its just he is too boisterous and strong for this woman and a good home is sought. I hesitate to advertise him for fear of some fool getting him as a fighting dog or something else as dreadful. My only interest is to help the situation for the dog and current owners sake. Any advice would be appreciated. Please PM me if you have any suggestion. They paid $900 for the Loui and would appreciate atleast $500 for him.
Attachment Loui 3.JPG

Since I do not own the dog I do not know if I can put him up on DOL in the Mature Staffy section when I don't own Loui and he is not my breed.

#24953 User is offline   Lasareina 

• Forum Regular

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

I hope you find a good home for Loui, Tapua - he looks like a lovely boy! I can definitely see a young staffy being a bit too boisterous for someone unsteady on their feet. What a shame, I am sure the owners has fallen in love with him by now too :(

Is anyone going to the lure racing at Durack on Saturday?

#24954 User is offline   Sandra777 

• Forum Regular

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

View PostLasareina, on 20 August 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

Is anyone going to the lure racing at Durack on Saturday?

I'll be there, probably waving the flag again LOL

#24955 User is offline   Rainy 

• Pawfect

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

Good Luck Tapua, i hope you find him a good home. i guess you would have to ask Troy about the DOL listing?? i don't know. but im glad you are looking for the new owner having had experience 'vetting' puppy buyers. i guess you could advertise as you would another older puppy.

Have fun at lure racing guys im extra jealous now that i know Ronnie runs in a straight line, she just doesn't like corners :rofl:
I so wanna come to one, ill have to try and organize next years family holiday around a lure race weekend Ronnie will just have to move back in with granny for a week :D

#24956 User is offline   Lasareina 

• Forum Regular

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

oh were you the lady at the start line last time Sandra? My mum is bringing her 2 doggies along this time as well so there will even more of us with no clue what we are doing :laugh: lucky you!

Lol Rainy, corners are overrated :p

#24957 User is offline   Sandra777 

• Forum Regular

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:57 AM

Need to do 98 metre runs for Ronnie :-) Crazy person with flag and demented white bitch that's me :-)

This post has been edited by Sandra777: 21 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

#24958 User is offline   Lasareina 

• Forum Regular

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

Haha I'll say hi this time! Looking like rain :(

#24959 User is offline   Tatelina 

• Snake Police

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:12 PM

View PostOzstar, on 02 July 2014 - 10:09 PM, said:

Greatdanegirl I think a lot depends on your dog to start with.
Chaos gets along with all dogs and plays to suit the dog he is playing with.
Chaos and Salem are together almost 24/7, the only time they are separated is at feed times (Chaos really likes food and can inhale a huge amount in one breath :D ), they play and sleep together and I have no problems leaving them home together.
But in saying that not all dogs are the same and Chaos really is a sweetheart and Salem worships the ground he walks on :D
Both are desexed.

Leanne

Oh how nice! Is Salem fully grown? What's the breed guess there?

Share this topic:

• 1664 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy | Web Site Terms and Conditions