Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online: Stafford Fans - Australian Pure Bred Dog Forums - Dogz Online

• 1665 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stafford Fans I have converted another

#24961 User is offline   leec 

• Forum Member
  • State:VIC

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:53 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have been cruising through this thread looking at all the beautiful Staffords. I have two, I adopted them both from Stafford Rescue Victoria this year. Previously I had two purebred staffies from Canberra, which both passed away last year. We live on a 20 acre property and the 2 new pups are adapting well. My girl Chelsea is 2 year old and we think the boy, Chadley, is also around 2, we don't know much about him as he was rescued from a Canberra pound before coming down to SRV. He obviously is a cross, but with what, we have no idea. I love them both and they are great mates.
Attached File  Chad and Chels.jpg (101.91K)
Number of downloads: 20

#24962 User is offline   Lasareina 

• Forum Regular
  • State:QLD

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:00 PM

Hi Leec ... beautiful puppies! It's so good when they have a mate they can play with!

#24963 User is offline   leec 

• Forum Member

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:16 PM

Hi, thank you, I think they are gorgeous :heart:

Chelsea (the red one) doesn't really have much idea about playing and playing manners, she is so rough, but thankfully Chad is very forgiving with her and most often will back down when she gets over excited. I believe she lived with an elderly lady from when she was a puppy, and I can only imagine that they didn't play much and Chelsea didn't get to meet many other dogs/puppies her age, so her manners can be a little lacking. She is learning though. I adopted Chadley in January and got Chelsea in March. Chad is a fence jumper, so lucky for him he has come to us. He can scale our 5 foot gates with ease! We are in the process of building a new dog enrichment garden with 7foot fences, with the bendy tops, a tunnel for them to chase through and assorted other bits and pieces. At present they spend their days in a purpose built kennel while we are at work, but this is no life for two 2 year olds, they need room to run and play. The new enrichment garden is 32 x 13metres, lucky for us we have 20 acres :D

It is very different having two youngsters again, my staffords that I lost last year were both elderly. It has been a long time since there has been so much energy bouncing around my house :dancingelephant:

#24964 User is offline   Lasareina 

• Forum Regular

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:25 PM

aww jealous ... wish I had 20 acres! luckily our two haven't shown any escape artist tendencies, so they have the run of the backyard while we are at work... and spend the rest of the time inside with us lol. My two are almost 2 as well... both have birthdays in December :) I'm hoping that their chewing and stealing of things will magically disappear once they hit 2 years old lol

#24965 User is offline   leec 

• Forum Member

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:31 PM

Yep, they even have their own hydrotherapy pool - otherwise known as the dam :laugh:

My two are pretty good on the chewing side of things actually. They destroy the kennel, pull all the bedding out and rip it to shreds playing tug, and they have also ripped up a fair amount of the fake grass. But, on the upside, they have never touched a shoe or chewed up anything in the house or yard, go figure.

Staffy Rescue had no idea why Chad was in the pound in Canberra, but after living with him for nearly 9 months, I can only believe it was due to getting out of a suburban yard, and if the previous owners had small children he would have been a handful, he is very very exuberant. I have to say though, he makes me laugh absolutely every day.

#24966 User is offline   Lasareina 

• Forum Regular

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:29 PM

yay lure racing has been rescheduled to this weekend :D

#24967 User is offline   Rainy 

• Pawfect
  • State:NSW

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:51 PM

:p

#24968 User is offline   Rainy 

• Pawfect

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:26 PM

We went for a run on the beach inbetween shows on the weekend with the ourgang crew

Posted Image

Posted Image

I ended up with a broken kiwi LoL

Posted Image

#24969 User is offline   Lasareina 

• Forum Regular

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:15 AM

lol cute - they all look so happy at the beach :love:

#24970 User is offline   Lasareina 

• Forum Regular

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:42 AM

well it was finally warm enough to go to the creek this weekend. Pups had a great time and got some cute photos ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We also had the lure races last weekend. I was so proud of my babies ... Juno got awarded prettiest girl at the funday- she ran around in circles during the actual race so it was good to see her do well in something :laugh:

Hunter was awarded 2nd in his group, however once the times were posted on facebook I noticed that becaus we ran him and Juno in the wrong order on the first race, he got Juno's time recorded instead of his own. Since Juno's run included stopping, looking for daddy, and then finally crossing the finish line after OH ran the race with her - her time wasn't very quick :laugh: . When I switched the times around to the right dog, Hunter actually had a combined time of 19.8 seconds! This made him the second fastest dog on the day, behind a super cute little white girl. It was only a small turn out with the date change but I was so proud of my boy! Next time I will make sure I don't screw up the running order :laugh:

#24971 User is offline   Rainy 

• Pawfect

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:16 AM

Don't be fooled but that super cute white girl she is Ronnie's niece and I think the crazy gene got amplified not watered down LoL

Cute pics I can't wait for the warm to hit here !!

This post has been edited by Rainy: 30 September 2014 - 07:17 AM

#24972 User is offline   Lasareina 

• Forum Regular

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:12 AM

lol my stepdaughter was quite taken with her - I think I'll let her keep her illusions and assume that adorable means angelic :angeldevil: haha

#24973 User is offline   Ozstar 

• Owned by spoilt pooches
  • State:SA

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:50 PM

Hi All,
Chaos turned 8 today and thought I would share this gorgeous photo of him :)

Posted Image

Leanne

This post has been edited by Ozstar: 24 October 2014 - 08:51 PM

#24974 User is offline   Lasareina 

• Forum Regular

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:38 PM

aww what a cutie - looking great!

#24975 User is offline   Rainy 

• Pawfect

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:28 AM

:birthday: Chaos, he is looking good.

Not much happening here, we went to the beach the other day and a tiny little ripple of a "wave" about 10 cm came along and ronnie tried to climb my leg like a tree to get away from it you know because Im Drowning Mum!! iv got some pretty impressive scratches on my leg now Ouch :(

Share this topic:

• 1665 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy | Web Site Terms and Conditions