1. 1. What type of food do you feed your dog/s

• Only Premium Dry Food
    • Mix of Premium Dry and Canned Food
    • Mix of Premium Dry & Raw Food
    • Barf
    • Any Dry Food from Supermarket
    • Any CAnned Food from Supermarket
    • Other - please specify

could someone who feed's there dog barf but also dry food please tell me why. I have done a lot of research on barf and my female staffy has now been on barf for 8 months. And she is looking fantastic.All the research i have done with barf suggests if you decide on barf you shouldn't add kiddle to the diet, it should be wholly rawmeat & Veg. So i am wondering why so many people on here feed barf but also feed kibble. Just hoping someone that does this this could tell me why. Thanks alot.

She eats, raw chicken, beef, kangaroo, turkey, rabbit and lots of raw vegies blended in with yogurt etc.

Edited by mcosta

An addition: there isn't going to be an appropriate answer to your question mcosta because individual dogs do well on different things.

I find my dogs do well on a mix of raw and dry so that's what I have continued with...

MCosta - I tried Barf...but basically my GSD's condition went to crap, tried different protien sources, didn't help, was feeding huuuge amounts, condition was still crap. Put him onto a high energy high quality kibble and within weeks he was looking healthy again - so for me personally...i doubt i'll ever feed an only barf diet.

Dogs now get high quality kibble with raw/sausage/left overs/etc on the side - and if i'm lazy they just get kibble...lol.

I'm a raw feeder. 1 BARF pattie for breakfast and 500g raw meaty bones for dinner including whole raw fish/heads once a week and on Monday I alternate between an all chicken liver meal and an all meat meal. I use Greenpet OmegaPlus oil and Sophie gets Sasha's Blend. :thumbsup:

Our tiny terrors get a very varied diet. We try to give them something different every night. They usually get a cooked mixed (and they are very healthy dogs) of ox liver, heart, kangaroo mince, pasta, rice and mixed vegies. They get a can of my dog every so often, as they are not a great fan of any other (they would rather go hungry). Heaps of raw bones, and some dry food for snackies during the day.