White Dots In Poop

polarpeak

Sorry, I know it's a gross topic but I have done a search and can't find any info.

The last couple of days I have noticed little white dots about the size of a pinhead scattered all through the poo when I pick it up.

The dogs are regularly wormed but I was wondering if it could be worm eggs of some description?

Hi PP,

I've noticed this too from time to time with Kitahna and when I asked some close friends of ours who have been showing/breeding for the past 30 years or so they gave me an answer but it was a very long time ago.

Basically from memory (but I'll ask them again and get back to you) it means that there is too much of something in the diet. I just can't remember what that something is :D . Let me get back to you. I started to feed Kitahna less of the dry kibble and it fixed itself immediately. It's too much of a certain nutrient. Kitahna gets much more fresh food than kibble these days and it doesn't happen anymore.

Well judging from all your responses, it is nothing much to worry about then - Thankyou :cry:

Maybe, maybe not. Difficult to tell without the power of observation.

My suggestion: Keep an eye out. If you see another stool with the "white dots", bag it and get your Vet to have a squizzy to ensure it is not evidence of an infestation of parasites.

Edited by Erny

Hey we tried Eagle Pack a while back when Kitahna was about 12 months old. This could have been in and around the time I noticed the white dots with her as well. We didn't continue with EP as Kitahna seems to thrive better on other stuff. She's now on Pedigree Advance Adult Energy as the dry food and there's been no white dots.

My pup is also on Eagle Pack and I've been wondering the same thing about the white dots!! : :rofl: I have been concerned he's not digesting some part of the diet properly (?). Have switched him to half Proplan Large Breed Adult half EP Puppy Large Breed in the last week or so and noticed an improvement.

What's the go with Eagle Pack, then? :eek: