Sign in to follow this  
Snap

All Things Whippet!

7,601 posts in this topic

snippet   

Wow my greyhound has that and the Vet thought it was a yeast infection, which he treated to no avail. He is a desexed male and I have seen a few of my fosters come through with it too. Glad to finally know what it is. I feed our whippets kibble and fresh roo/beef mince, 1/2 cup per day of kibble and 60grams of meat, they also get sardines once a week on their kibble but that is one tin between three. They are still a little on the plump side, but healthy and walked daily.

Love the picture of the pup, real supermodel!!

Binx   

Hi I would like to introduce Missy my 12 week old female whippet, I just got her today and she seems to be settling in nicely.

2041579640107041515S500x500Q85.jpg

2258944610107041515S500x500Q85.jpg

2125351130107041515S500x500Q85.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Gorgeous girl, congratulations and enjoy her.. :thumbsup:

Missy is doing great, Settling in really well. This is no impuse buy I've wanted a whippet for 3 years and I finally got the chance to get one. Missy came from a registered breeder thank you.

Well folks, I came in here to tell everyone about a whippet at the Ballarat RSPCA needing a new home.

Turns out he already found one :thumbsup: He only went into sales on Saturday (the RSPCA manager rang me to let me know about him) and he's already gone! :thumbsup:

Wish they all found homes that quickly. :D

Well folks, I came in here to tell everyone about a whippet at the Ballarat RSPCA needing a new home.

Turns out he already found one :thumbsup: He only went into sales on Saturday (the RSPCA manager rang me to let me know about him) and he's already gone! :thumbsup:

Yay, so glad to hear that!

Good news! Diva goes into her crate on command and does not let out a peep! She's fluctuating in weight, now I know what you mean by it being hard to keep weight on a young one! All she does is eat, yes she's been wormed!

She's such a champ, we took her to Tooradin last weekend and she was a lil scared of the noise but took off after Monet for 100m. Monet went great guns!

Just gotta think up race names....

How is everyone?

I'm fine thankyou and thankyou for asking. :)

Glad she is used to the crate now and sleeping well. I bet you feel better for it too. :)

I wouldn't worry too much about her being on the lean side. When she matures a bit she'll hold her weight more easily.

Whiz is the most lean of my guys and I'm happy with his weight now. Took until he reached the age of 3 years and was desexed to get there. He also loses it easily too. If he didn't eat reasonably well for 2 or so days he would start to look a bit too lean.

How's Max going? :)

ETA: race names? "Whippin Picadilly" No idea why, I've just always liked it for a race name. :o

Edited by Sir WJ

I'm fine thankyou and thankyou for asking. :)

Glad she is used to the crate now and sleeping well. I bet you feel better for it too. :)

I wouldn't worry too much about her being on the lean side. When she matures a bit she'll hold her weight more easily.

Whiz is the most lean of my guys and I'm happy with his weight now. Took until he reached the age of 3 years and was desexed to get there. He also loses it easily too. If he didn't eat reasonably well for 2 or so days he would start to look a bit too lean.

How's Max going? :)

ETA: race names? "Whippin Picadilly" No idea why, I've just always liked it for a race name. :o

Max (cat who broke his sternum 2 wks ago) is doing well. A lil tender but back to his old tricks again.

We're thinking Swedish Mafia for Monet and Blonde Ambition for Diva! Lol

Kirislin   

Good news! Diva goes into her crate on command and does not let out a peep! She's fluctuating in weight, now I know what you mean by it being hard to keep weight on a young one! All she does is eat, yes she's been wormed!

She's such a champ, we took her to Tooradin last weekend and she was a lil scared of the noise but took off after Monet for 100m. Monet went great guns!

How is everyone?

It's so exciting when the penny drop and they get it isn't it. Not sure if you were told, you need to thoroughly wash the sand out from their feet, between their toes and around their nails when you get home or they'll get grit rubs and possibly nail bed infections. I used to put them one by one into the laundry trough every Sunday afternoon after racing and wash with velvet soap, get them all sudsy and well rinsed. :)

Diva will get the hang of it too soon. I am thinking of going to their next day as I dont think I'll be working on Sundays anymore.

How is everyone?

It's so exciting when the penny drop and they get it isn't it. Not sure if you were told, you need to thoroughly wash the sand out from their feet, between their toes and around their nails when you get home or they'll get grit rubs and possibly nail bed infections. I used to put them one by one into the laundry trough every Sunday afternoon after racing and wash with velvet soap, get them all sudsy and well rinsed. :)

Diva will get the hang of it too soon. I am thinking of going to their next day as I dont think I'll be working on Sundays anymore.

Hi Linda,

No, no one had told me that at all.... thank you for letting me know!!

YAY! You'll be able to take awesome photos! We won't be there on the 23rd (I work 3 Sundays a month grrr), but we'll be there on Nov 13th!

Diva is wicked in the back yard with a lunge whip with a dead stuffie tied to the end of it.... we set her on the track with Monet about 10m behind her, and when she whizzed past, Diva ran out but got to 100m and didn't know what was going on and my partner was clapping so madly and hollering (we were so proud) and Diva looked up and spun round and came back.... clapping is the cue to come back when we're at the park!! ooops! Can't wait for the next Healesville day though as I think she'll love the drag lure!!

:)

I'd just like to say a big "Get well soon" to a whippet we have in at work at the moment, "Whippy"

He was hit by a car on Tuesday, and has (well, had, we repaired it today) a fractured radius and ulna on the left fore. :(

He's a stoic lad, and a real smoocher too. Doing really well post op. :)

Worst thing is the scum that hit him pulled over, took a look at him, then drove off! :mad:eek: Who does that?? :mad

OSoSwift   

That is Terrible Sir WJ - what an awful person, yep your injured we will just leave you there in agony to die.

Get better soon Whippy - cuddles from us

murve   

Oh what a horrible person Sir WJ sending big :hug: :hug: for Whippy from our gang here. hope he will be up & around real soon.

Have the owners been found & told of what has happened ???

Worst thing is the scum that hit him pulled over, took a look at him, then drove off! :mad:eek: Who does that?? :mad

A callous scumbag. Pity no one got his rego. :(

Hope Whippy makes a full recovery.

Edited by poodlefan

Oh what a horrible person Sir WJ sending big :hug: :hug: for Whippy from our gang here. hope he will be up & around real soon.

Have the owners been found & told of what has happened ???

It happened in the owners street, so they knew about it fairly quickly. Not sure how/why he was out in the street, but what's done is done. :(

They are really nice and love him to bits.

They came in today to see him before the surgery and gave him cuddles and wished him well. He should go home tomorrow, if all is well. He was certainly pretty happy when I left tonight at 6.30pm, drugged on morphine and ketamine. :laugh:

We certainly wouldn't be going ahead and plating a leg without an owners consent/knowledge.

:D

Kirislin   

He was lucky to even survive being hit by a car, not many whippets would I imagine. Once injured though they are incredibly stoic. Brave little Whippy, get well soon and no more playing on the road.