Sign in to follow this  
Snap

All Things Whippet!

7,601 posts in this topic

griff   

I've already contacted the owners, with the offer of assistance or to bring him into our care.

ETA: that is a Whippet not an Italian Greyhound

Good one ! :thumbsup:

Oh gee Kirislin , I see those still pics and it makes me cringe , but I know the little buggers jump up and still go off doing zoomies :laugh:

I guess the other side of Registered Breeders and their prices comes down to getting back what they put in financially let alone their time which can be immense.

Sure some do it for a small loss, but i'd still expect the majority of breeders to want to break even on their outlay unless they are lotto winners. As i'd hope one of their main reasons for breeding is the betterment of the breed, profit being minuscule or not even thought of.

So when you figure the costs involved for a litter of pups over anything from 10weeks to 16weeks (depending when they are comfortable to let them go), food, stimulation, collars, any stud fee's, vet checks of the parents, vet bills, emergency births, as well as the standard, registration, papers etc. You can see why the price can vary, and I'm sure of forgotten many things not being a breeder myself.

As said go see the dogs, their environment and talk with the breeder and if possible your states whippet club about them. Alot can't be said publicly of peoples personal opinions or experiences. On the phone etc, you may learn more.

Best of luck.

Edited by magic_merkin

Kirislin   

Oh gee Kirislin , I see those still pics and it makes me cringe , but I know the little buggers jump up and still go off doing zoomies :laugh:

Yeah my heart's in my mouth sometimes, but 9 times out of 10 they just pick themselves up and run off again. There's risks with anything I suppose, but luckily whippets are tougher than they look.

Hello team .... Is some here the owner of whippet wear? Or know who is? I've just put an order in and need to change the address .

Ta

Her name's Melle Whiting and I no longer have her phone number, you need to contact her via her email address on the site. There would be a few people here who know her, Sarsanet might have her number.

TA...

Thanks. The coat arrived today

Trishm   

Whippet National here this weekend, can't wait to see all the lovely whippies...64 puppies......wheee !!

Kirislin   

Whippet National here this weekend, can't wait to see all the lovely whippies...64 puppies......wheee !!

Oooooh! have a lovely time Trish! :wave:

Trishm   

Very impressive sight to see so many whippies together, 230 bitches tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great day !!!!!

Jillee   

Has anyone got any results of yesterdays judging. Have seen some private results on facebook . Is there a show site on facebook with the results???

The full results will be posted after the show. It's a very big weekend for the organisers, officials and exhibitors, so it's a bit of a case of take what you can get at the moment

murve   

Bestie got his puppy last night - thank you so much murve for making his first puppy experience so excellent! We're sooo in love with Arrow. SERIOUSLY LOOK AT HIM HE'S SO BEAUTIFUL. He's such a snuggle bum and so calm for such a young dog - unlike my cray cray Papillon! Can't wait to start showing him :D

Hi guys, yes our little Arrow is one of our babies :D he is out of Darcie (Ozrhode Celtic Sands) & by who else but the one & only COOPER ( Sup Ch. Peperone New Sensation), Orlando's litter brother. Arrow siblings Silva & Princess will be making their debut competing at West Gippsland double Champ show on the 7th June Goldie will also come along for the outing.

Has anyone got any results of yesterdays judging. Have seen some private results on facebook . Is there a show site on facebook with the results???

PM me with your Facebook name or message me on FB (Wendy Downing with fawn whippet as avatar) and I'll add you to a group that I posted all the results to.

Great photo Kirislin!!

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Kirislin   

PM me with your Facebook name or message me on FB (Wendy Downing with fawn whippet as avatar) and I'll add you to a group that I posted all the results to.

Great photo Kirislin!!

Thankyou! I joined the 2 photos together. I really like it too, it's so happy!

WreckItWhippet, he's such a nice looking dog.

I've finally emailed them to see if we can go and play to test out OH, still waiting for a reply though...hurry up...LOL impatient to know if it was a one in a million thing, not like we can steal his mates whippet :laugh:

WreckItWhippet, he's such a nice looking dog.

I've finally emailed them to see if we can go and play to test out OH, still waiting for a reply though...hurry up...LOL impatient to know if it was a one in a million thing, not like we can steal his mates whippet :laugh:

You're more than welcome to come and meet mine any time. I have two litters planned for this year and both bitches are due in season now

murve   

a little brag here, our boy Orlando gained 2 passes in Rally Obedience Advance A class yesterday :D he only now needs 1 more pass to get his Title of RA so pleased :cheer::happydance:

Our baby boy Silva & our baby girl Princess had their debut show on Friday, Silva was awarded Baby Puppy of Breed :cheer::happydance: Princess came 2nd in her class :happydance: