Sign in to follow this  
Snap

All Things Whippet!

7,601 posts in this topic

Katinka   

Kerrilee has been busy with a hound club show and also recently injured herself so may be a little slower getting back to you. Give her a little time :) If you don't hear back let me know and I will send her a quick message :)

Im going to trysending another message this weekend and see what happens :)

OSoSwift   

Kerrilee has been busy with a hound club show and also recently injured herself so may be a little slower getting back to you. Give her a little time :) If you don't hear back let me know and I will send her a quick message :)

Im going to trysending another message this weekend and see what happens :)

NO worries if you have no success email me your details @ countrylaneboarding at bigpond dot com ( leave out spaces and use symbols ) and I will forward it on :)

jonesy76   

Hi there Whippet lovers, we have a gorgeous 15month old whippet Whizz and he loves to sun bake all day????Recently he ended up with very bad sunburn with blisters on his tummy. We will have to restrict his sun exposure clearly and maybe look into applying sun cream. Has anyone got and other suggestions??? There is a product called Sun-Eze, has anyone used it??

Kirislin   

Perhaps a light shirt that will protect him from the sun. That's worrying that he got so burnt, I've never heard of that before.

OSoSwift   

You can get sunsuits. Lil crakka dog coats make some white lightweight coats as well but I have never used them myself

Maddy   

You can get sunsuits. Lil crakka dog coats make some white lightweight coats as well but I have never used them myself

I have some of their coats for my greys and while they're nicely made, the buckles/fastenings are really heavy and awkward. If you had the time to cut them off and replace with something else, they'd probably be good though.

Kirislin   

Hey Whippet People of Victoria! I haven't done this for a while. Our little social whippet racing club is still going strong, we are evolving and are seeing more breeds attending now, but my heart is still with the whippets and I want to continue to see whippets as the predominant breed attending. I still think they're the best at this, so come along and prove me right and wow everyone else who can only look on in wonder and envy. Shhhh dont tell anyone I said that. Our next fun day is to be held on Sunday 17th April at the Wandin East reserve. Here's the link https://www.facebook.com/events/1741519302745808/

You dont have to be a member to run your dog, but it's cheaper if you are. Muzzles are available to hire or buy on the day. Soft drinks and sausages in bread for sale too. Yummy. BYO comfy chair and blankie for your dog, and dont forget sturdy collars, leashes and poo bags. Any questions, just ask.

FUN DAY CANCELLED. WE ARE SO SORRY, WE'VE ONLY JUST FOUND OUT, BASICALLY BY A FLUKE THAT THERE IS A HUGE BICYCLE EVENT ON IN THE AREA AND ALL THE ROADS ARE CLOSED. COUNCIL DOUBLE BOOKED THE GROUNDS AND NEGLECTED TO TELL US. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD.

Edited by Kirislin

Kirislin   

FUN DAY CANCELLED. WE ARE SO SORRY, WE'VE ONLY JUST FOUND OUT, BASICALLY BY A FLUKE THAT THERE IS A HUGE BICYCLE EVENT ON IN THE AREA AND ALL THE ROADS ARE CLOSED. COUNCIL DOUBLE BOOKED THE GROUNDS AND NEGLECTED TO TELL US. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD.

Kirislin   

HEAR YE! HEAR YE! HEAR YE! Just to remind all our Victorian Whippeteers, we've to got a fun day coming up in just a few short weeks. We were very unhappy to have to cancel our last one at short notice due to a council error, so we hope to see lots of dogs who must be itching for a run since they missed out last time. We have to make it up to all your dogs so come along, bring warm clothes for yourselves and your hounds. Keep them warm if they're not running. Bring comfy chairs. We can sell or hire muzzles on the day. We will have sausages in bread & soft drinks for sale. Although we call ourselves a whippet club we welcome all breeds and mixes, so long as they're friendly. Come along and have some fun. Any questions, just ask. Hope to see you there. Here's the link to our events page, if you're planning on coming you can let us know there. Hope to see you soon. https://www.facebook.com/events/944099555670681/

Please note, Secret will be providing free cuddles on the day.

26692319292_b67b01ecbc_c.jpgWanna Play? by kirislin, on Flickr

Edited by Kirislin

Kirislin   

Our whippet fun day was a hit despite some "technical difficulties" such as no barbeque! :cry:

We had an amazing assortment of hounds, mostly sighthounds, which I love to see. Let me rattle off the breeds and types I can remember off the top of my head: Afghan, Azawakh, Greyhound, Irish Wolfhound, Italian Greyhound, Lurchers (several different crosses), Salukis both smooth and long haired and of course, Whippets! We also had a couple who just happened to be walking by with their Vizsla and knew nothing about our day and were delighted and very proud to discover their dog was a natural and even retrieved the lure for us :thumbsup: :laugh:

Here are the photos from the day.

https://www.facebook.com/yvwsrc/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1258980950796757

Hi,

Not sure if this message will help in Whippet circles, but:

Hoping that she(?) is now home, but on Monday 6th June there was a stray Whippet in Kew (Melb). I tried to coax the dog to me but it bolted. The dog had a collar and tag, but I couldn't get close enough to check, unfortunately.

Maddy   

We have our Great Global Greyhound Walk in Launceston today and I think we had more whippets than greyhounds.

The Idiot Dog, surrounded by whippets, including his mini-me doppelgänger :scared:

post-19844-0-32797800-1466324625_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask the advice of some more experienced whippet people. We have a nearly 8 month old wascally whippet called Basil . Having previously had deerhounds he always seems small to me but a lot of people have commented "oh he's going to be big". Whatever size he turns out doesn't really bother me as I'm not going to show him but it would be useful to know when he's reached maximum height so I can start getting him nice coats. I also want to transition him from his crate in the car to a seatbelt harness but want to wait till he's stopped growing. So I guess my question is at what age do they tend to stop growing upwards? Obviously he will continue to fill out for a while. He's also not desexed.

Thanks in advance :)

Kirislin   

In my experience they stop growing at around 10 months, but will still fill out and mature after that. Other lines might be different.