Should I Shave His Butt's Hair Or Is This Not Recommended?

I have a shih tzu and I always shave his butt with the clippers because of the poop getting stuck - my vet was in stitches when she saw it but as he is a pet and not for show it doesn't matter if it looks funny! And my carpet appreciates it too cause no more butt dragging along the floor!! ;)

Edited by Shihzoo

getting a robotic dog would also save a lot of trouble, no cleaning, feeding or any of that other annoying stuff to do !!

That's just plain cruelty, how would you like someone taking all the tips of your fingers off just because you happened to scratch someone occasionaly? ;)

Learn to use the clippers properly or get someone to show you how to use a dremel tool on them.

"You do understand this is cutting the toes off don't you?"

No I didn't know that its why I asked if it was recommended. Thanks for your reply it will not be done! ;)

Edited by Mu-Shu

OOHHHH I've never heard of "declawing" it sounds horrid! ;)

Mu-shu - you will need to keep an eye on it's dew claws - they are the ones that are removed if they grow back into its foot etc - Cibo still has his but I am fanatical about checking them after hearing all the horror stories!

If the dog is going to a grooming salon it will be trimmed & nails cut,trimming nails must be done regulary to keep them short or the blood vessels grow longer & they cant get cut short enough.Trimming the bottoma area if done well can look very nice & blended

Yes, trim his butt. You can do this without taking a big patch out of his bum. Either do it yourself with clippers and a 10# blade, or if he keeps very still scissors, or the groomer will do this for you.

As already said, nails need to be trimmed regularly, and please watch the back dew claws, if he has any, when grooming. If he has any please tell the groomer as groomers who do not check (they all should) can easily cut them off, :) OUCH !!!!