Ziwipeak

Yes. I fed ZiwiPeak and was very happy with it. Although I now cook my dogs meals myself ZiwiPeak is always in the cupboard for the odd time I forget to defrost a meal, or just for a change.

It is Air dried raw food rather than kibble, looks like jerky and the dogs love it. No grains or fillers in the mix.

Doglet's favourite is the Venison & Green lipped mussel but the lamb one comes a close second.

$28.00 for how much?

I've heard it's VERRRRRY expensive, could be wrong, I think I'm thinking of the right brand?? :laugh:

We had a small sample and Zephyr loved it!

Edited by cassie the bernese lover

from the prices i have seen it is around $28 for 1kg

it does sound like awesome food,

but sadly well over my budget!!

i wouldn't mind trying some for our cat though, he doesn't need as much food,

or perhaps if i had a smaller dog LOL

but i worked using the calculations on the ziwipeak website that to feed a 40kg dog on this food at the recommended amount a 1 kg bag would last about 3 days!!!

obviously i could feed it for 1 meal and the rest RMB, but it would still be way over our budget :thumbsup:

I have been tempted to get some to use as training treats. $28 for a kilo of training treats isn't to bad. Especially on some days when we do training and I don't usually give her dinner after. Problem is trying to find it in Adelaide. Cassie have you seen it anywhere?

ness,

i agree i am looking into getting their training treats from what i have heard dogs absolutely love them, plus they are very good for them :thumbsup:

i figure i could use it sparingly to reward very good behaviour :)

they actually have training treats, i wonder how they differ in price and usability from the regular food ?

Sorry should have said it was $28 for a kilo bag. The feeding guide on the back is:

1 scoop = 56.8g

Just a few examples per weight of dog

5 kilo - 66gms portions per bag 15

10kilo 111gms portions per bag 9

15kilo 155gms portions per bag 6.5

25 kilo 245gms portions per bag 4

35kilo 334gms portions per bag 3

The highest weight

50kilo 469gms portions per bag 2

I only feed it to my samll dog as she has terrible allergies, I am trying yet another food... She is 8kilos so I feed her approx 80gms

If she didnt have allergies I wouldnt be feeding her this, I guess the smaller the dog the more economical it is

Editted to add that my dogs and cats go crazy for it....

Edited by eclecticgirl

Guest kitakins

i have ziwipeak cat treats. the pets seem to like them! smells very meaty. however, even the cat treats are quite expensive.

Ness loves there training treats but I was considering just using the normal food for treats. We ordered from from an online store once but I thought they might be a good thing to keep on hand for a bit of variation or especially in summer when things like cheese and cooked treats get yucky.

I feed all of my dogs on Nutro with some Ziwipeak on top. They all love it. Tyra may or may not be pregnant and has gone off her food but she will still eat straight Ziwipeak. They all love Ziwipeak treats even my fussiest eater.

My dog has been on ziwi peak for one week now and I will certainly keep on feeding it to him. Every meal time is like treat time to him now. He just lovvvesss the food. The problem is he gobbles down too fast. I bought a 1kg bag to start with and just got a 5kg bag delivered.

i have recently switched my guy onto ziwipeak. he loves it. Think it is the only dog food he enjoys eating.

I buy mine from Paddo pets in Sydney and it costs 27.50 for 1kg bag. he gets the lamb version

I got mine from Paddo pets too, westiefan. I know the owner of the shop quiet well. Her son and my son went to the same school. Are you in the Eastern Suburb?