Ebay And Dog Clippers....

Just hoping that someone could help me with finding a good brand of clippers for my mum on eBay......

there are a lot of them up for auction but I am not familiar with the brands etc and which ones would be good to bid on.

There are some that start dirt cheap and then there are others that start a little dearer.....soooo I presume that the cheapies starting at $30.00 would be cr@p to buy? :D

Thanks for any advice....LSW

If it is for full grooming I like Wahl KM2 the best. They can be expensive though. I also use Oster which are OK, but I do prefer Wahl.

If it is just for tidying etc, some other DOLers would have some more suggestions for you. I have only ever used the 2 brands I have mentioned.

I agree what breed also bare in mind clippers came in different shapes & some sit better in peoples hand than other brands do,for me personally i like to get a feel of any clipper i plan to buy.Some are heavy ,some are not comfy in your hand or easy to work with.

Often better to pay a bit more & go to a good stockist

I love my Wahl KM2. They fit nicely in the hand and easy to mantain.

The other trick to a good clip is good siccors, I like my Wahl scissors also.

If it's for a little trimming there is Wahl battery operated ones, which are my next purchase. Rox has them and they are great for that little touch up. Also easy to use because there's no cord.

Geez I sound like an advert for Wahl. Come on Wahl give me some credit. :( :D

I have a pair of Petpro Boss clippers.

They've been working well for me. I use it for my Cockers.

Hesapandabear has a pair and last time I heard she was happy with them.

They're light and I can take them and use them out in the bush if I need to (can be used in the car)....not that I need to :(

I had previously bought a cheaper set of clippers - Breville, endoresed by Dr Harry, to do my Lhasa. They were rubbish, had trouble cutting through the hair and took me hours to do a clip. The end result looked terrible. At the time I assumed it was just me.

I have since then bought the Whal clippers that others have mentioned on here. I just have the single speed, but they have been fantastic for cutting my previous Lhasa, my mutt which has pommeranian type wooly hair and my family and friends dogs. I have had them for about 3 years, could not even tell you how many clips I have done and they are still sharp. The only down side is that they also get quite hot after a while but it sounds like maybe all the brands do? I suggest puchase a spare blade so you can swap it when it gets hot.

I have decided to get a second set just for when they get hot, and have bid on some andis cordless clippers on ebay (which I am now a bit unsure about).

Good luck with your clippers and let us know how they go.

I had previously bought a cheaper set of clippers - Breville, endoresed by Dr Harry, to do my Lhasa. They were rubbish, had trouble cutting through the hair and took me hours to do a clip. The end result looked terrible. At the time I assumed it was just me.

I have since then bought the Whal clippers that others have mentioned on here. I just have the single speed, but they have been fantastic for cutting my previous Lhasa, my mutt which has pommeranian type wooly hair and my family and friends dogs. I have had them for about 3 years, could not even tell you how many clips I have done and they are still sharp. The only down side is that they also get quite hot after a while but it sounds like maybe all the brands do? I suggest puchase a spare blade so you can swap it when it gets hot.

I have decided to get a second set just for when they get hot, and have bid on some andis cordless clippers on ebay (which I am now a bit unsure about).

Good luck with your clippers and let us know how they go.

The Andis Cordless (silver case type) is not a professional clipper, they have a dedicated blade and not a detachable A5 type.

There are two problems with heat, one is the blade getting hot and this will occur with any of the high speed clippers and the best solution is to change blades when they get warm. The other problem is the clipper itself getting hot and this is a problem with the Oster.

It's easier to have a clipper with detachable blades and change blades when they get hot, rather than change clippers.

I'd recommend a single speed Andis, Oster or Wahl for someone who doesn't need to do a lot of clipping. I prefer Andis.

Lone Wolf - why does your Mum plan to do with her CKCS cross's coat? Is it spaniel coat because if it is, I'd recomend she buy a good coat remover like a Coat King rather than clip the dog.

Just hoping that someone could help me with finding a good brand of clippers for my mum on eBay.....

Talk to Michelle at Clipper World. I bought some Wahl W2 clippers from her on eBay. They were the cheapest price I could find, by a long shot, and she is extremely helpful and friendly. They have all the accessories as well. Remember is to oil them every 10 minutes while you're using them, otherwise they get too hot. I also bought a Coat King, which is fabulous. They sold me a 'non-professional' one at about half the price of the 'professional' ones, and the only difference is that the handle is plastic instead of wood! She's at [email protected] Good luck!

Edited by furrri