What Brand Of Shampoo/conditioner Does Everyone Use?

Is it necessary to use a flea shampoo? Do the normal shampoos wash out fleas just as well?

If you have fleas on your dog you need to use a spot on treatment like Advantage. Flea shampoo will kill any fleas that it comes in contact with, but has little residual effect and any fleas in the environment will jump straight back on. Ordinary shampoo may wash out some of the fleas, but it won't kill them, any fleas that do die are likely to have drowned in the water. Bathing your dog, whether with flea shampoo or ordinary shampoo, certainly won't keep your dog free of fleas.

Edited by Miranda

Has anyone used the Groomers Edge range of shampoo's, in particular the ones for white coats and which is the better of the two :D

I think the alpha white shampoo is the better of the two(if my memory is correct it's the one with the purple colour) shampoo)where as the midnight white is blue colour shampoo.

I'll have to double check that as shampoos are packed away in the garage due to us just moving and i can't get to them

I'm sure if you email Michelle at clipper world she'll tell you

julie

I think the alpha white shampoo is the better of the two(if my memory is correct it's the one with the purple colour) shampoo)where as the midnight white is blue colour shampoo.

I'll have to double check that as shampoos are packed away in the garage due to us just moving and i can't get to them

I'm sure if you email Michelle at clipper world she'll tell you

julie

Thank you Julie - that was the one I was thinking of getting but I will give her a call :D

Aristopet, various ones dependent on what colour the dogs are. I've been using it for around 20 years now and I'm still happy with it, the bonus is it doesn't irritate my skin. Anything with coconut or oatmeal makes me come out in a raw lumpy sometimes bleeding rash but the aristopet doesn't do that and the dogs coats always come up beautifully so I'll stick with it. Mind you in times of desperation I've used wool wash, champion tails or Equinade too. :eek:

If you use a spot treatment for flea control I wouldn't think you'd need flea shampoo but that's up to you. Years ago we'd mix up a flea rinse then shampoo as normal but then that was before the spot control products and back then we'd use a kennel flea wash too. Ah things are so much easier now and thank god we don't need to use that stinking flea rinse anymore. :rofl:

I've recently been given some new shampoo to try, Dr Bruce's Vets All Natural pet shampoo. It is 100% chemical free and has the most beautiful smell. It is made from organic ingredients and contains, amongst other things, lemon grass oil, eucalyptus oil, lavender oil

I am always trying different products. Presently using Mighty white n Brite, from Animal house which is a really lovely shampoo, and have just started using this conditioner and I think it has to the best by far of any I have tried to date. I did not need to brush out knots after blow drying, as the dryer just blew them out for me thanks to the conditioner, and their coats were left softer than they have ever been!

Guest Clover

I love Fido's whitening or puppy/ kitten shampoo for the pup, they both smell lovely :thumbsup:. I usually just use a Aristopet shampoo for the others.

ok, so i've only washed her once which was today :) but I was most impressed with the results I got. I'm a horsey person turned retired greyhound owner and after investigating to make sure they were safe I went ahead and used Equinade's Glo White (be careful it stains!). Then on my final rinse I added some Kelato Amino Gloss (smells VERY yummy, like cherries :thumbsup: ). Then when fully dry to condition the coat i put 1 spray of Reflections onto a lambswool car wash mit and worked all over the coat. INSTANT SHINE and ULTRA SOFT COAT!