Pet Craft Links

Winterpaws

• 8 months later...

Great Thread!

Has anyone got a pattern/instructions for a snuggle bed? I can't work out what to use to keep the end open so dogs with learning difficulties (like mine) can get in independently :D

Also:

Kamuzz,

The knitting book was aavailable at Big W at Rouse Hill a few weeks ago, I got mine at Spotlight a few years ago. PM me if you have trouble finding it.

Please if anybody can help me find Dog Coat knitting and crochet patterns allowed to be photocopied and then coats sold for non profit groups.A lot of the free patterns do not allow this when you read the fine print.I need patterns for people who do not use computers.My computer is too slow to do lots of searching.Albury Dog Rescue doggies will benefit from this fundraising project.Sewn coats are being made too .

From K9 Communities a few years ago:

Pattern #1

WHIPPET COAT KNITTING PATTERN. from Jean G. Ueltschy

KNITTING WORSTED OR ORLON WORSTED, APPROX; ONE AND HALF SKEINS OF 4 OZ YARN. SIZE 6 KNITTING NEEDLES.(AMERICAN SIZE)

CAST ON 76 STITCHES. K.1 P.1 RIBBING FOR 2 INCHES.

THEN STOCKINETTE STITCH TO 18 INCHES, INCLUDING THE RIBBING.

DECREASE 1 STITCH EACH SIDE, EACH KNIT ROW, TO 56 STITCHES. THEN WORK IN RIBBING, K 1 P 1, FOR 5 INCHES - WHICH MAKES THE COLLAR. CAST OFF.

UNDERPIECE: CAST ON 30 STITCHES AND WORK IN RIBBING K1 P1 FOR 4 INCHES. INCREASE EVENLY TO 36 STITCHES AND STILL IN RIBBING CONTINUE UNTIL THE PIECE IS 9 INCHES. DECREASE 1 STITCH BEGINNING AND END OF EACH ROW TO 1 STITCH. CAST OFF. SEW TOGETHER LEAVING A HOLE ON EITHER SIDE FOR WHIPPETS FRONT LEGS TO GO

THROUGH. THE COLLAR FOLDS BACK LIKE A TURTLENECK SWEATER.

Pattern #2

Dog Sweater from Carol Curry

Use only acrylic wool... 4 ply...#5 needles

Cast on 82-90 stitches ( depending on the size of the dog,...) Small dog 82 stitches, - 84 for medium dog - 86-90 for large dog. Knit 1 purl 1 for 2 inches. Then stockinette stich for 18 - 20 inches measuring from neck to base of tail.

After 18-20 inches decrease 1 stitch each end every knit row for 20 rows. Then knit 1 purl 1 for the collar, ( 6 - 8 inches) and cast off.

Underpiece: Cast on 36 stitches and knit 1 purl 1 for four (4) inches. Then increase 6 stitches evenly throughout one row and k 1, P 1 for a total of ten inches. Then decrease 1 stitch every row at each end till only one stitch is left and cast off. Then sew two pieces together. The narrow end ties into the collar or front and the wider end is the underpiece. Be sure to leave to even areas for the legs to come thru,

Legs: cast on to needles 14 stitches. K 1 P 1 until it fits around the leg opening. Then cast off and sew it together and then sew it to the leg opening.

Oh cool! I wanna make condom beds for the cats!! :D

I have just made some for my cats and they love them. So easy to make, I got polar fleece from Spotlight. Just made a rectangle one for the cat carrier.

Please if anybody can help me find Dog Coat knitting and crochet patterns allowed to be photocopied and then coats sold for non profit groups.A lot of the free patterns do not allow this when you read the fine print.I need patterns for people who do not use computers.My computer is too slow to do lots of searching.Albury Dog Rescue doggies will benefit from this fundraising project.Sewn coats are being made too .

Thankyou..Dodo.

We have one which Panda Knits gave us approval to sell or distribute to rescue - Send me your address and Ill send one on to you.

Julie

• 3 weeks later...

For all the people who have made the donut bed how big would you make one for a Goldie? Ive bought the material to make one for Lexi but thats as far as Ive gotten, every time I look at the websites I realise my brain isnt switched on enough to even convert inches to cm lol

Thankyou Whippets mum ;) Sorry missed seeing this earlier.

Thankyou Steve but I did contact Panda last year and there is a lovely lady who is knitting them beautifully.It is a very good pattern. :laugh:

I will copy the other patterns for her as she would like a change I am sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Only found this thread today! Very good thread worthy of being pinned.

Does any-one have a pattern or good idea how to make a nursing cover(don't know what else to call it!)for a very small Chihuahua,she had Eclamsia(lack of calcium) the other night& it has been suggested after feeding time to cover her boobies,so pups are not on there all day.Trying to work out what to make or use.It would have to be like a coat backwards to cover rear boobs, tie & tighten on the top,had thought a sock,sleeve,stocking but think the puppies would nudge it off& get under.I am giving Calcium twice daily & hoping this will suffice but if not I will have to come up with some-thing in a hurry, so being prepared.This is rather than her not being in with the 3 puppies,she is very happy to be with them all the time. So if some-one else has had to do this please post asap.Prepared to buy if this is available,really don't know what to look for as I don't know what it is called!

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I posted a Hooded Hound Coat Pattern from Greyhound Manor a while ago. I just found more patterns from these guys, including the Hooded Hound Coat Pattern, Traditional Cool Coat, Snood Pattern, and Paw Protectors amongst other things. The Document says we are free to share the patterns. So enjoy!

PS: is anyone can work out where to apply the Width Measurement in the Hooded Hound Coat Patterm, let me know.

http://compendium.legiodraconis.com/docs/patterns.doc

Whippets Mum

Guest Pandii

I dont get the donut bed pattern can someone translate it to stupid person talk please

Edited by Pandii

• 2 weeks later...
I dont get the donut bed pattern can someone translate it to stupid person talk please

Try this link Pandii....they call them "Cat Condom beds", but don't be put off, it's really just the donut bed with photos step by step.....there's probably something on youtube, but I couldn't bring myself to look........

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php...;threadid=70758

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Not sure what has happened to many of these links :o but I could only get into half of them for some reason. Most I looked at said "page no longer available". This is a shame :hug: as I really wanted the cool coat pattern amoungst others :) .

Someone may be able to fix the links...........

Cheers

Rottsup

SEWING PATTERNS

Resizeable dog vest pattern

Reversible dog coat with pockets

No sew pet portrtait (kinda cute!!)

So easy suede dog coat

Tea towel pet pillow

Hooded greyhound coat

3 x cooling coats

Dog boots

Life sized stuffed hound dog (looks kinda like a greyhound...)

Dog mat

Snood

Dog Collar

Dog hat, bed, ball, grey hound coat and other patterns for pets incl cats

Fleece dog coat

• 2 weeks later...

Try this link Pandii....they call them "Cat Condom beds", but don't be put off, it's really just the donut bed with photos step by step.....there's probably something on youtube, but I couldn't bring myself to look........

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php...;threadid=70758

Thanks Will give it a go

• 4 months later...

I'm looking for a 'sunsuit' pattern for a very white/pink staffy pup... she's got a lot of growing to do so I don't want to buy one as she'll be out of it in no time. Her belly and inner thighs are particularly pink, and she's already lying on her back in the sun.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Susan