Weeing Too Much

frenchie

How often is she weeing ?

Pups or young dogs will often wee more than older dogs, hence having to take puppy out to the toilet every half hour :confused:

I think she will grow out of it.

Why don't you measure how much she drinks in a 24 hr period (easier when you only have one dog!). Then google how much she should be drinking and see if it is on par. If she is drinking way more than she should I would take her back to the vet and ask for a urine specific anaylsis test ($5) to be done which checks if her kidneys are working properly. Better safe than sorry! The easiest way to measure is fill a 2 litre jug of water and fill up the water bowl. Top it up when needed from leftover water in jug. At the end of the 24 hrs pour what is left in bowl into the jug and voila.. you have the info you need :confused:

Edited by Shihzoo

When was she desexed? If it was just done, did she have fluids during the surgery? Fluids during surgery means they have more to wee out later.

I was thinking that, too. Surgery causes fulid shifts in the body, also. But if it continues for more than 3-4 days after desexing, I'd check with vet. Take a urine sample. Someone else suggested using a clean frying pan to collect it, then put in clean container.

Some dogs after surgery do lose a little bit of sphincter control as oestrogen is a hormone that helps close the urethra so nothing goes up there etc. but the decrease usually isnt enough in like 99% of pups to cause a prob.

With the fluids i she would have pee'd that out long ago like in a day or so...

if you do look at her wee, and its really clear (ie dilute) then get a sample and take it to a vet

... hhmn not sure if i would use the frying pan after collection... tehehehe.. unfortunately for me, i have to catch it in a lttle kidney dish or container... gloves are a god sent!! :)

But i think u just keep persisting with house training.. puppies only get control of their bladder (by their brains) at 4months old so she only really getting the hang of everything.

Edited by animalsluvbree