A Bit Of A Brag

You couldn't add the rings together to get the placings as different judges mark differently.

Hey Cosmolo maybe you are getting treated differently because people expect more of you because you are more competent than the other pet owners at club?? My pup is a bit of a nerd and it used to really shit me when he was the only dog to actually do a recall but we would get picked on for something minor like a crooked sit. Nerds like praise too! but I think that gets forgotton sometimes.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulationss Cosmolo, hang onto that happy feeling you have with her, try not to get distracted or dissapointed, thats not what its meant to be about.

No one goes into the ring to get a NQ score..... its just what happens on the day. Everyone who has been in there knows how many ways the wheels can fall off. :p You hang onto the postitives, and scratch your head and go home and work on the negatives. Being part of the day is what counts, so brag away. :o

Good on you, and everyone else giving it a bash.

the dogs that broke their stays would have a NQ non qualify... the ones that stayed would of had a score, depending on their scores in their individual heeling etc,, then that dog with higer score obviosly wins the ring..

does that make sence or have i confused myself or u more??

But if THEY ALL came up NQ's then no one wins.

You can't say you won if you were NQ but still had the highest score.

Thats like saying you won you show class, but you were the only one in it :o

Steven Bradbury ring a bell anyone :rofl:

Sway - obedience/ agility scoring is very different to showing. In showing they are against a standard, so naturally a 6pt-er doesn't feel like much coz you didn't have to beat anything to get it :)

But for agility and obedience, ONE minor error and bang - you are out! For example - Leo ran brilliantly for me at our last agility trial, yet only got one qualie coz in every other round he clipped ONE bar..... frustrating, but that is life. Same with obedience - one minor error and you are out. If your dog shakes in the middle of an exam in the show ring, or moves a foot - you aren't penelised - If your dog does the same thing in the obedience ring - you can kiss the pass card goodbye.

Particularly in the higher classes, it is not uncommon for NO dog to gain a pass - it is Bl**dy hard work! I still think they should be rewarded for their efforts witha 1st, 2nd or 3rd as they are still the top 3 dogs there ON that day :rofl:. So this is a members trial - introducing the members to the world of trialling. I say GO COSMOLO for doing so well (pass or not!) and I can't wait to see you around the trial rings. Now you know that she CAN do it and once you fix up/ proof those minor errors you will be blitzing the rings :).

As for nerves - I am incredibly nervous too - almost sick to my stomach. I find that agility is not as nerve racking coz you are actually moving with your dog and can't 'dwell' on the mistakes. So Agility my nerves are at bay. Don't worry what anyone else thinks of you - anyone trialling knows how easy it is to miss a pass - i'm sure most people will be sitting there in awe of how good your dog is :p

ETA; in terms of you getting 198 & 2nd place and the two other rings scoring lower, or even NQ - you can't compare the scores - different judges judge differently. You can't really compare as their heeling pattern might be a lot harder, their scoring more strict etc.... If I came home witha 198 and 2nd place - I wouldn't be crying about the 2nd place, I'd be yelling and screaming coz I got such a darned good score!!! Just be happy with what you and your dog can achieve and see it as a testament of your hard work!

Edited by leopuppy04

Thanks LP. The most frustrating thing was that we had just practiced outside the ring with it much harder than what she was going to have to do- it was a stand for exam and she did it outside the ring with Shoemonster- who she LOVES perfectly AND could do a stand on the move straight from playing with her tug!! Then she gets into the ring, Oh must ahve looked at her the wrong way or something and as he went to leave her she went into a half bow :o :p Frustrating and almost funny at the same time..

Jules, you may be right and i don't mind constructive criticisim at all but certainly with the agility it is getting ridiculous and is not constructive. After our second run the other day, we got drilled about something we hadn't even done, before i could even leave the ring to reward my dog!! We go back only because its so close and times are convenient enough. There are one or to really lovely people who almost make up for the bad one/s and i have a feeling that it might happen anywhere we went.

Congrats on you and your girl acheiving best dog in comp Cosmolo :p

That's quite an achievement no matter what others say :o

I went along to watch an obedience trial over the weekend and I must say, it is a lot harder than what I thought it would be :) Saw some fantastic dogs that are normally so reliable, have an off day or make a tiny error as leopuppy said and bang that's it they failled.

Good on you for getting out there and giving it a go :) You and your girl can only learn and improve each time you get out there and have a go, and is supposed to be fun after all :rofl:

Edited by Cheyenne_Fury

Guest Piximatosis

Oh leave it alone - you've made your point, now let the thread get back to what it should be. Congratulations Cosmolo! :p

Oh leave it alone - you've made your point, now let the thread get back to what it should be. Congratulations Cosmolo! :p

Did you see me bump it back up the list? no others did :o

Guest Piximatosis

Your post was the last one, Sway, and it wasn't necessary. It was just further goading.

Look, I'm not trying to even FURTHER take away from the original point of the thread but seriously. What does it matter? Your point has been made and noted several times over 5 pages... let Cosmolo just enjoy what her dog achieved.

If it was one of my dogs, Cosmolo, I would be fit to burst with pride too. :p

Congrats to Cosmo!!
Congrats to Cosmo!!

How did the others do?

Shoey you didn't tell me you had a video of the wandering Eddie :p

I heard alot of the other dogs failed?

Now iv'e been told they all failed, so how can you win?

I have to admit - that part confused me aswell. Not taking away from your moment of glory, just curious.

Does seem you missed the above posts!!!!

Your post was the last one, Sway, and it wasn't necessary. It was just further goading.

Look, I'm not trying to even FURTHER take away from the original point of the thread but seriously. What does it matter? Your point has been made and noted several times over 5 pages... let Cosmolo just enjoy what her dog achieved.

If it was one of my dogs, Cosmolo, I would be fit to burst with pride too. :p

and she has been congratulated many times ? no one denied her that...?

How does such a simple thread turn into this! :wave: Don't worry, if we ever compete again and i post something, i'll be sure to give a detailed description of every exercise so that Sway can have the 'full story'. Thanks to the posters for their congrats and also to LP and Jules for going a bit OT but adding to the thread with good comments and questions. I thought the thread was swinging that way but i guess not

I like full stories details and fact :wave: It varies my opinion.

The thread was back on track, then others decided you needed more patting on the back, and more don't worry about the comments.

No one said you didn't do a good job, a simple question was asked.

When human emotion was added, thats when it went down hill.

Guest Piximatosis

I apologise for my comment - I honestly didn't mean to turn the thread back off the rails. I read the thread through and I felt that if it was MY thread my feelings would have been really hurt. So yes, emotion is always the killer, isn't it.

Must be the blue moon. :wave:

Well done Cosmolo, especially to do well in both agility and obedience in one day :laugh::)

My pup is a bit of a nerd and it used to really shit me when he was the only dog to actually do a recall but we would get picked on for something minor like a crooked sit. Nerds like praise too! but I think that gets forgotton sometimes.

I find the same thing sometimes Jules. Sundays class was like this, received very minimal feedback except for a silly thing on the sidelines preventing something that my dog doesn't even do and never has :mad Lucky for me one of the people I compete with is always very encouraging, otherwise I'd start to wonder why I was going...

Sad how such goings on can put a dampener on an activity that we do for the fun of it ;)

BTW Sway - its not called a "blue moon" because of its colour so I don't know what you think you're going to see :)