Vip Rolls

I feed VIP rolls as an extra in the dinners to make some variety.. The dogs love them, and from reading the ingredients they seem to be okay.

They have been a saviour for my pregnant girls who wont eat. As they love their VIP rolls so much, its the only thing they will eat at the moment.

I think they are a great Idea. But I wouldnt feed 'just' the rolls. I always feed raw chicken/red meat first, and just chop the rolls up and mix it through..

Cheers

Rox

I've used them with the pregnant girls and also when we travel. I have had a couple of rolls that have been off, but I blame my local IGA, as it's not the only thing that has been off from there.

To me they are an added extra and in no way a complete meal.

:confused:

I know a couple of breeders/exhibitors who feed just VIP rolls and usually added kibble either proplan or Advance. And their dogs are in excellent condition. Its what works for them.

I couldnt feed it as a complete meal though. I am at the moment to the preggie girls, as thats all they will eat.

I bought the beef and veggies one as well as the one with pasta, lamb I think.

I've taken her off the raw mince and chicken wings, bones etc because she was having trouble with her bowels and keeping it in :confused:. I'm feeding about 200g of the rolls with a cup each of Great Barko, Nutrience and Nutro, looks to be going well for her. oh, she gets her bones and chews on the w/e. Thanks heaps all.

I use the lamb & chicken one with rice & vegies, thats the one my kids prefer, and it seems to agree with them pretty well..

I pay $3.99 for a large one from Woolworths. They also have the larger range of flavours..

Dont ever buy the platinum brand.. Its real horrid.

You'd be better off with Scotty's rolls if you can get them. I used to feed this to my dogs and was very pleased with it. Only stopped when the stopped delivering. Much much better quality.

You'd be better off with Scotty's rolls if you can get them. I used to feed this to my dogs and was very pleased with it. Only stopped when the stopped delivering. Much much better quality.

I was just about to post I prefer Scotty's over VIP too.

Micha's breeders were very strict about diet, and only feeding natural food etc, but said if you are going to feed brand name/supermarket meat Scotty's is great and VIP is ok if you can't get Scotty's.

We used to feed Scotty's to my dogs all the time... we've cut back now and prefer to just feed dry food and bones (chicken wings etc). Reading this thread has made me feel like getting some for them now :confused:

Edited by husky87

I only get Tuckertime Dog Rolls...available through vets 1.5 & 3 kilo sizes.

Highly nutritionally packed, so feeding is economical re number of grams per a dog's weight.

Brilliant stuff.

Little hint for you. The Coles/Farmland label rolls are just VIP in another wrapper. All they do is change the wrappers at the end of the production run and charge about $2 less in the stores per roll. :confused:

Dont ever buy the platinum brand.. Its real horrid.

What's the problem with this one Roxiekda, why is it horrid? :( I hope it's only because your dogs didn't like it and not because there is anything harmful in it. My dogs seem to like it. I chose it because it had no preservatives and it also contained small amounts of glucosamine and chondritin which I thought would be good for my little dog who has had knee and hip surgery.

ETA .. I have only just changed their diet to this as a main meal, they get chicken necks and bits and pieces of other stuff as well.

Edited by montall