Rebanne

Greyhounds

6,691 posts in this topic

Oh CBL, so sorry.  Isn't it the little things that bug you? I have notifications on my phone as well, but it's only on the clock set as an alarm.  When Whitney goes (which is getting imminent) I'll definitely not want them there.

Hugs.

Edited by Flashsmum

Rebanne   

Fingers crossed please for puppies for Ms Phoebe. Phoebe had a TCI with frozen semen on Wednesday. Now to wait 3/4 weeks before an ultrasound hopefully shows a few pups. All going well due date is in September!

• Like 1

Rebanne   

Very happy to announce that Phoebe is confirmed in pup! 2 on the ultrasound but 4 or 5 palpated. Vet very confident on the 4 or 5. Will xray closer to her due date 10 - 12th Sept.

5987df123eb1d_Oliver1.thumb.jpg.e0445c7b169493ed0e189e6fe04e7965.jpgPhoebeshow.thumb.jpg.3f4bc3c18849f704e6b86449097bb69a.jpg

Edited by Rebanne
  • Like 3

Rebanne   

Phoebe is 4 weeks and 2 days. Little soft belly starting to show. hard to hide anything on a greyhound :laugh:

tn_4 weeks 2 days.jpg

• Like 3

OK team... Have recently come aboard the greyhound world.... via rescue..  Ages ago I bought for our whippet a beautiful leather hound collar.  Could anyone point me in the right direction.. I've forgotten from whom I did.

• Like 1

Rebanne   

welcome to our world Bryan! Are you after a fancy leather collar or a plain one like they use at the races? And there should be a pic and a name :)

Maddy   
On 14/10/2018 at 9:29 PM, bryan_mannix said:

OK team... Have recently come aboard the greyhound world.... via rescue..  Ages ago I bought for our whippet a beautiful leather hound collar.  Could anyone point me in the right direction.. I've forgotten from whom I did.

If you want something decent, Etsy is probably the best place to look. Although.. I've bought some nice leather greyhound collars before through Ebay, there were a couple of UK sellers who did really interesting ones. One was collars embossed with pictures of birds or animals.. and for the life of me, can't find that seller now. The other was leather collars with a silver greyhound head.. thing*. 

Personally though.. I wouldn't walk a grey on a flat leather collar. They're great for special occasions but even if you have it done up absurdly tight, your grey might still be able to back out of it. Martingale collars are a safer option. Or skip the collar entirely and go with a Webmaster harness, and that way, you can put a pretty decorative/tag collar on them, and it doesn't need to be especially strong.

We switched to the Webmasters a few years ago and they're great, absolutely escape-proof, in my experience. They also have a handle on the back, which is useful for hanging onto a grey if a cat shoots past and greyhound decides it's dinner time :|

*Like this thing, except on a plain black collar. Can't seem to find the seller for that, either. I'm super helpful :o

Aaagh.  Posted this then and then forgot I had.  Thanks for the replies.  I bought a martingale leather collar off someone on DOL for our whippet about 10 years ago but cannot remember who they were.  Thanks for the info.  I'll follow up

Maddy   
5 hours ago, bryan_mannix said:

Aaagh.  Posted this then and then forgot I had.  Thanks for the replies.  I bought a martingale leather collar off someone on DOL for our whippet about 10 years ago but cannot remember who they were.  Thanks for the info.  I'll follow up

Possibly Ruthless? https://www.ruthlessleather.com/product-category/dogs/sighthound-collars/

Maddy   
On 15/11/2018 at 10:17 PM, bryan_mannix said:

Yes YES!!!! I think it was... Beautiful stuff

It looks like Ruthless isn't making collars anymore, but these look pretty similar. You can have made as martingales. 

Just be aware they don't use real metal studs. I really like mine, the leather is great quality...but the metal bits aside from the buckle/clasp are...not metal.... idk what they are but they scratched up and burnished easy. not metal.

they do have great customer service, we had a ...one of the actual metal bits that hold it around the buckle... come loose and they sent through a replacement and guides on how to fix it. but the not-actual-metal-studs scratching was disappointing as it makes it less of an "every day" item for fear i'll damage it more....

love the lead tho.

not many aussie options for fancy leather collars

Edited by Thistle the Best Dog