Bull Terriers

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UNDERBULLY,,,,,,1 REQUEST FROM BULL TERRIER RESCUE!!!!!!!!!!

If you breed, please rescue your own dogs, its amazing how many people wont, and make sure you are the second contact on the microchip papers so they can contact you if they can't get the owner..

i'm getting to the point where i'm getting soooooooo frustrated with all these dogs ending up in the pound.

the impounded bully at kurri pound is not going to be released due to her temperament, she is extremely timid, growls a lot, will only let certain people near her, rangers not happy to have this girl rehomed just in case she bites or attacks,

WHEN THE TIME COMES R.I.P BULLY GIRL :)

thanks for trying to help her DM.

If you breed, please rescue your own dogs, its amazing how many people wont, and make sure you are the second contact on the microchip papers so they can contact you if they can't get the owner..

i'm getting to the point where i'm getting soooooooo frustrated with all these dogs ending up in the pound.

the impounded bully at kurri pound is not going to be released due to her temperament, she is extremely timid, growls a lot, will only let certain people near her, rangers not happy to have this girl rehomed just in case she bites or attacks,

WHEN THE TIME COMES R.I.P BULLY GIRL :)

Already planning to have myself as second contact on microchips of any pup that goes into the care of someone else.

It is too cold outside so I will lay on the couch....

IMG_2576.jpg

Edited by Underbully

I have just had a litter microchipped and there is no longer a second contact space on the form(NSW). I don't know how long this has been the situation as I have not had puppies for a year or so.This is not good news for breeders or the dogs or rescuers!

We do try and take care of own at least and this is going to make things much more difficult as we may never know when one we have bred ends up in the pound.

Edited by periannath
I have just had a litter microchipped and there is no longer a second contact space on the form(NSW). I don't know how long this has been the situation as I have not had puppies for a year or so.This is not good news for breeders or the dogs or rescuers!

We do try and take care of own at least and this is going to make things much more difficult as we may never know when one we have bred ends up in the pound.

OH REALLY? maybe they have new forms???.

I had one done the other day and we were able to put down our rescue group as second contact

periannath, you would be suprised at some of the well known breeders not taking their own back, most responsible breeders do, but its suprising how many wont :o

I just thought that in case anyone was interested in a rescue dog, I'd give Juno a bit of a shout-out. She's not pure Bull Terrier; the rescue person from the Bull Terrier Club thinks maybe part Staffy or AmStaff. In the dog she's very Bull Terrier looking, but a bit squarer in the head.

She was dumped at a pound after having puppies with a raging case of mastitis. I don't know what happened to the puppies. :)

However, Juno is now desexed and looking for a home.

She's a really sweet little dog; very, very loyal and loving and a bit of a clown. She's only been with me for a short time but has bonded very closely to me, so I think has an enormous capacity for loyalty and commitment to a home. She's a bit shy still so needs an owner who is capable of providing her with leadership so that she feels safe and can learn to be more confident.

She's a bit anxious about small children, so would do best with older kids. She's selectively good with other dogs, but really not safe with cats. She manages quite well on her own, so would be OK as an only dog.

I haven't found her to be particularly noisy or destructive (she doesn't even eat her dog coat!); she walks well on a lead, knows how to sit and has a very soft mouth when taking treats. She's pretty food motivated. :thanks:

A really nice girl who deserves a home where she will be allowed to sleep on the couch and stay close to her human.

Juno on Pet Rescue: http://www.petrescue.com.au/view/75329

post-1835-1276135117_thumb.jpg

I purchased my first Bull Terrier from her breeder and since have become good friends. We are into showing them and also have this year obtained our prefix. The moment I saw her (when she was only a baby pup) she took my eye. She is only 8 months old now and we dont fully own her. We co-own her with the breeder. We will eventualy get to breed her but not untill we have had some fun showing her first.

Ah I understand now! Good for you! Glad to hear you'll be one of those fabulous 'ethical breeders' that makes us 'rescuer' lives easier. :eek:

I didn't realise she is only 8months old...what a great looking girl!

More pics please!!

WHEN THE TIME COMES R.I.P BULLY GIRL :hug:

That is sad...but I'm also glad that they have the guts to make the right decision... last thing we need is an aggressive bully out in rescue.

RIP indeed bully girl.

Teebs you haven't posted any new pics of Atlas! Get your camera out!!

Unfortunately due to tragic circumstances (nothing to do with the bully boy) I have had to take in a male Bully, "spook" who was recently fostered by a good friend of mine. I was going to be taking Aria from Wyong next week but that will not be possible now. :hug: I have contacted the Ranger and although I will try desperately to help find her rescue I thought I would post here and hope there was someone able to take her. They don't want her rehomed straight from the Pound unless it is a fantastic home so would prefer she went to rescue. If by some chance something changes here then I will fly here here asap rather than wait for road transport as she is well overdue.

Unfortunately due to tragic circumstances (nothing to do with the bully boy) I have had to take in a male Bully, "spook" who was recently fostered by a good friend of mine. I was going to be taking Aria from Wyong next week but that will not be possible now. :hug: I have contacted the Ranger and although I will try desperately to help find her rescue I thought I would post here and hope there was someone able to take her. They don't want her rehomed straight from the Pound unless it is a fantastic home so would prefer she went to rescue. If by some chance something changes here then I will fly here here asap rather than wait for road transport as she is well overdue.

I have PMd you.

I think Barge has settled in well.... don't you? :( Viva likes her new foster puppy :) He was climbing all over her and she didn't even lift her head up, then he just decided to slide off her and crashed out.

2010-06-10Barge1.jpg

2010-06-10Barge2.jpg

2010-06-10Barge3.jpg

2010-06-10Barge5.jpg

whispers to Wednesday :keep him, keep him, keep him, keep him... :(

No new photos, my phone was in getting fixed! Sent it in to get a new screen, and they gave me a whole new phone :)

I think Barge has settled in well.... don't you? :) Viva likes her new foster puppy :) He was climbing all over her and she didn't even lift her head up, then he just decided to slide off her and crashed out.

Foster Failure, Foster Failure :(:laugh::eek:

Barge is gorgeous :eek: He's a keeper :eek:

No new photos, my phone was in getting fixed! Sent it in to get a new screen, and they gave me a whole new phone :)

So pics on your new phone then!! :(

Lol, Iwas still setting it all up. Maybe tomorrow lol

barge looks like he is going no where :thumbsup:

will have to come and meet him :welcome:

well, still no news on mason, the biopsy results are conflicting, pathologist is saying one thing, (long word, layman word "button" ?). vet is telling them its not a 'button", so they are putting their heads together to look again, and do more tests on the sample's.

the lip swelling has gone down a bit, but the lump on his lymph gland is still big :)

i am starting to think its not good. :)

my dally has broken his toe aswell this week.........dogs :thumbsup:

well the vet just called me, still not certain, apparently the 2 desease's, lymphoma, and the one with long name, both show similar results. :)

one will just go away, lymphoma won't, and it would explain his swollen lip, ulcerated paw pads, red skin, short of breathe etc. :(

they want him to have one more test, to see if they can pin it down between the two more. so will take him over next week, they say they can just pin him down this time so he doesn't have to be knocked out again ( will be interesting to see them try :laugh: )

i hate this waiting in limbo, its been over a week since his biopsy, and each day i have hoped for an answer, with public hols it will be the end of next week before we know anymore. :)