Bull Terriers

I went to my ex's place the other night to pick up his housemate (good mate of mine) and had big Atlas cuddles :D We were sitting on the couch and he lay across my lap and shoved his big boofhead between my arm and my side, like he was hiding. Big sook! My ex pointed out a weird lumpy thing (external, on the skin) on his neck that looks sort of like a wart but I said the vet should check it out. Ex has really hurt his back at the gym so I said I'd take him when I take Luuka tomorrow arvo. Here's hoping it's just a wart :p

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went to my ex's place the other night to pick up his housemate (good mate of mine) and had big Atlas cuddles :laugh: We were sitting on the couch and he lay across my lap and shoved his big boofhead between my arm and my side, like he was hiding. Big sook! My ex pointed out a weird lumpy thing (external, on the skin) on his neck that looks sort of like a wart but I said the vet should check it out. Ex has really hurt his back at the gym so I said I'd take him when I take Luuka tomorrow arvo. Here's hoping it's just a wart :)

Hope Atlas's lump is OK. Is the lump where he received his vaccination? If so was he vaccinated recently? Could be a reaction.

Nah it's on the side of his neck and it bleeds when knocked, it's sort of roughened on top and doesn't look good to me but I don't know about these things obviously :) I'm sure it'll be fine. *contemplates accidentally getting him desexed while she's there*

Nah it's on the side of his neck and it bleeds when knocked, it's sort of roughened on top and doesn't look good to me but I don't know about these things obviously :wave: I'm sure it'll be fine. *contemplates accidentally getting him desexed while she's there*

was thinking same as Bully but that does not seem the case. The description does match the description of a "histiocytoma" which is a benign tumour and usually does not get any bigger than a 5c to 10c coin and is apparently quite common in younger dogs (2yrs and under). Let us know how you go with Atlas. You must really be enjoying having him around for a bit :thumbsup:

very tired this morning, mase came to find me at 3.45am ,to tell me he couldn't get back onto the sofa after getting a drink :wave:

didn't even know he could manage the stairs, will be putting something next to the sofa tonight to step onto :thumbsup:

post-3531-1278455723_thumb.jpg

post-3531-1278455734_thumb.jpg

very tired this morning, mase came to find me at 3.45am ,to tell me he couldn't get back onto the sofa after getting a drink :wave:

didn't even know he could manage the stairs, will be putting something next to the sofa tonight to step onto :thumbsup:

Mase looks divine all covered up! I have been lurking here for a while as I love Bull Terriers. I'm so sorry to read about your boy :o

Nah it's on the side of his neck and it bleeds when knocked, it's sort of roughened on top and doesn't look good to me but I don't know about these things obviously :o I'm sure it'll be fine. *contemplates accidentally getting him desexed while she's there*

was thinking same as Bully but that does not seem the case. The description does match the description of a "histiocytoma" which is a benign tumour and usually does not get any bigger than a 5c to 10c coin and is apparently quite common in younger dogs (2yrs and under). Let us know how you go with Atlas. You must really be enjoying having him around for a bit :thumbsup:

Benign is good :wave: I have a feeling it's just something like that, so here's hoping.

I am so excited to have him to myself for awhile, but I'm also full of trepidation, it's so hard to leave him again and I wonder whether I'm doing myself or him any favours. I'm not saying he doesn't love my ex, but he and I had a special bond and I don't want to confuse him. I'm going to take him to the dog park after his vet appointment as it's just around the corner.

I have started researching mini bully breeders .... it will be awhile until I get a puppy but there's no harm in researching, I figure.

I said to dad last night that I was doing that, and I said "it will be when I'm in a place with a good yard and fence, and when Luuka is ready". He burst out laughing. I raised an eyebrow at him and he goes "As if Luuka wouldn't absolutely LOVE having a little brother to play with!" But he agreed with the first part obviously.

Nah it's on the side of his neck and it bleeds when knocked, it's sort of roughened on top and doesn't look good to me but I don't know about these things obviously :thumbsup: I'm sure it'll be fine. *contemplates accidentally getting him desexed while she's there*

Hehehe...ah you're a funny one! Its not like your ex would love him any less if he was desexed!

Sheesh...men sometimes...seriously!

So this is why I haven't put any pics of Ari up...they are all usually like this....

bad1.jpg

Or this...

bad2.jpg

Side on and facing AWAY from me....

side1.jpg

I reckon she's a good looking girl though...(who needs a wash!)

arisideface.jpg

Hows here conformation? hahaha...like I would know anything about stacking a dog!

sidestand.jpg

"What are you doing with that thing?"

bad3.jpg

"Are you taking piktures of me?"

bad4.jpg

"Lets play instead!"

run1-1.jpg

"RAHHH!"

rah.jpg

"Can't catch me!"

allplay.jpg

Oh man this chew toy gave me so many laughs! She went crazy at the squeeking...but couldn't figure out where it was coming from even when it was in her mouth...she was running around with it making it squeek and looking for the source of the squeek all over the yard! Hehehe...

PLAY.jpg

And FINALLY she lay down for me...she never does! She either stands and barks at me with the camera...or walks up and around mega close to me every time its out.

nice1.jpg

Ari :thumbsup:

Nah it's on the side of his neck and it bleeds when knocked, it's sort of roughened on top and doesn't look good to me but I don't know about these things obviously :D I'm sure it'll be fine. *contemplates accidentally getting him desexed while she's there*

Benign is good :rolleyes: I have a feeling it's just something like that, so here's hoping.

I am so excited to have him to myself for awhile, but I'm also full of trepidation, it's so hard to leave him again and I wonder whether I'm doing myself or him any favours. I'm not saying he doesn't love my ex, but he and I had a special bond and I don't want to confuse him. I'm going to take him to the dog park after his vet appointment as it's just around the corner.

I have started researching mini bully breeders .... it will be awhile until I get a puppy but there's no harm in researching, I figure.

I said to dad last night that I was doing that, and I said "it will be when I'm in a place with a good yard and fence, and when Luuka is ready". He burst out laughing. I raised an eyebrow at him and he goes "As if Luuka wouldn't absolutely LOVE having a little brother to play with!" But he agreed with the first part obviously.

no harm in looking and talking to different breeders and of course researching and finding what you like best :(

boys are always "mummy's boy" hahhahaha but mine has gotten too big to fit on my lap now :) so we just squish together on the seat hahahhaha

Look forward to hearing how Atlas goes at the vets and got fingers crossed it nothing nasty

Nah it's on the side of his neck and it bleeds when knocked, it's sort of roughened on top and doesn't look good to me but I don't know about these things obviously :) I'm sure it'll be fine. *contemplates accidentally getting him desexed while she's there*

was thinking same as Bully but that does not seem the case. The description does match the description of a "histiocytoma" which is a benign tumour and usually does not get any bigger than a 5c to 10c coin and is apparently quite common in younger dogs (2yrs and under). Let us know how you go with Atlas. You must really be enjoying having him around for a bit :D

Benign is good :D I have a feeling it's just something like that, so here's hoping.

no harm in looking and talking to different breeders and of course researching and finding what you like best :D

boys are always "mummy's boy" hahhahaha but mine has gotten too big to fit on my lap now :( so we just squish together on the seat hahahhaha

Look forward to hearing how Atlas goes at the vets and got fingers crossed it nothing nasty

The lump is a sebaceous wart and nothing to worry about, but the vet said it was good I brought him in because of the high prevalence and high mortality rate of skin cancers in white bull terriers. We went for a play at the park afterwards, At stayed on a lunge lead because I don't trust him to come back and he can get a bit funny with other male large dogs. He had a growl at a big female boxer who was jumping all over him, her owners are in my obedience class, the boxer is a typical boxer who is very exuberant and doesn't listen to her owners at all. So she was jumping all over him and he made some snarly noises, I asked them politely to please take their dog away from us, they said "she's just playing" and I said "I know, but she is off lead and mine is not, and he doesn't like that, nor does he like being jumped all over by a strange dog". So they went off in a huff. I explained to the lady I was with (whose dog Atlas was playing with very politely :) ) that when Atlas is on lead and other dogs are off, he feels a bit confronted because he is trapped essentially and she said she'd never thought about it that way and would stop her little grey fluffy dog from running up to on lead dogs :thumbsup:

Other than that it was really good, he was very well behaved, and the cute dog park guy I have a crush on came to the park (hurray!) and said "oh man, that is one great looking dog, what an absolute beauty!" so that was nice :o Pity Atlas isn't actually mine. But we had fun. *sniff* *watery smile* :p

Guys has anyone had any experience (good/bad) with Shrinkabull Kennels? I sent them an email and they replied saying that they're quite busy at the moment but that my email was really nice and they'll get back to me soon :) Which I thought was AWESOME because at least I know they've got it, I thought that was really fantastic service actually. I have asked if I can go and visit them when I'm down there (Adelaide) in December. Not to get a puppy, just to visit and check out their doggies :happydance:

Feel free to PM me if anyone has any "reviews" :) Their website is great and their dogs look lovely.

Glad atlas is ok, mase had one on his leg, but it just kept getting knocked and oozing gunk, so i had it removed.

I hate dogs rushing over too when mine are on lead, i don't let mine do it.

My cattle acts the same, fine offlead, stroppy on :)

Ari looks grest, full on energy :)

I like bullies calm and lazy these days, like my garden too much to get trashed anymore. :happydance:

Yep the vet said it would be fine if my ex wanted it removed if it was annoying him and knocking on stuff.

The thing with our park is that people think because it's off-leash, that it doesn't matter how their dogs behave because it's off leash. :)

Well, mase is in my bad books again this morning, i was awoken at 5.30 am by him doing a poo in my bedroom :(

Went downstairs to get a cloth, and almost stepped in a huge wee he had done too.

So having to rethink staying inside at night. its not his fault, he has always been an outside dog.

My old dally comes in at night in winter and sleeps on a dogbed in the dining room, its the only room with no furniture to climb on, and vinyl floors , so thinking ,mase will have to give up the couch in the lounge before i go to bed, and sleep in there on a dog bed .

At least if he has to go its easy to clean up, and he can't get upstairs to wake us up. :hug:

Holy crap the Hakesbury thread is full of Bullies and Bully crosses. Where the hell are these dogs coming from. :laugh:

Oh... :rofl::o

7month old pup!?! Where are the owners?

Man I'm tempted to take the white 7month old...one of mine might be rehomed this week.

Does she look pure from those photos?

Or maybe she's just a badly bred one?