Bull Terriers

We went for a play at the park afterwards, At stayed on a lunge lead because I don't trust him to come back and he can get a bit funny with other male large dogs. He had a growl at a big female boxer who was jumping all over him, her owners are in my obedience class, the boxer is a typical boxer who is very exuberant and doesn't listen to her owners at all. So she was jumping all over him and he made some snarly noises, I asked them politely to please take their dog away from us, they said "she's just playing" and I said "I know, but she is off lead and mine is not, and he doesn't like that, nor does he like being jumped all over by a strange dog". So they went off in a huff. I explained to the lady I was with (whose dog Atlas was playing with very politely :) ) that when Atlas is on lead and other dogs are off, he feels a bit confronted because he is trapped essentially and she said she'd never thought about it that way and would stop her little grey fluffy dog from running up to on lead dogs :laugh:

Other than that it was really good, he was very well behaved, and the cute dog park guy I have a crush on came to the park (hurray!) and said "oh man, that is one great looking dog, what an absolute beauty!" so that was nice :( Pity Atlas isn't actually mine. But we had fun. *sniff* *watery smile* ;)

Hi Fran,

So glad that Atlas's lump is OK :rofl:

This is a really good article He Just Wants To Say "Hi!" In dog language the Boxer is being "rude". Unfortunately people will just say that he/she only wants to play or that it's an off-leash dog park. At off-leash dog parks the dogs must still be under effective control and not harass others. Why oh why can't people learn about dog body language :D :o

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Fran,

So glad that Atlas's lump is OK :laugh:

This is a really good article He Just Wants To Say "Hi!" In dog language the Boxer is being "rude". Unfortunately people will just say that he/she only wants to play or that it's an off-leash dog park. At off-leash dog parks the dogs must still be under effective control and not harass others. Why oh why can't people learn about dog body language :o:rofl:

Cheers for the link! I haven't read that in years!

Hi Fran,

This is a really good article He Just Wants To Say "Hi!" In dog language the Boxer is being "rude". Unfortunately people will just say that he/she only wants to play or that it's an off-leash dog park. At off-leash dog parks the dogs must still be under effective control and not harass others. Why oh why can't people learn about dog body language :grouphug::laugh:

Wish more people would read it :laugh:

really good read, should be pinned in all dog parks.

weds, update on barge :rofl:

i am so tempted by the deaf boy in hp, but don't want anything that will upset mase in his last days ( although he is no different :hug: )

Yes please, i am torn, i don't want anything that will get in mason's face and stress him out.

Also if he is deaf, don't know how he would go with kids if they came up behind him?

Basically, he would need to be really easy going and quiet, not like ari and full of energy :laugh: And bomb proof with other males, as i have 3, and my cattle dog can get a bit pushy.

Also check out his skin, pics are with coat on, so can't see how bad it is.

any leads for ari?

Edited by juice

Barge is now 'Stitch' - as he seems to answer to that.

He is still excellent. No trouble at all, and definitely not full on. He loves nothing more than cuddles on the lounge. He's totally in the routine, knows bedtime and goes to his crate, knows to come and hassle me to go outside to drink or go to the toilet (thanks to Viva :laugh: ) and it appears that he's going to be a foster failure. He has wrapped OH around his little paw.

Looks wise - he is now simply stunning. A high quality diet has done him wonders. His coat shines, the black is awesome, the fur has grown back over his bite marks and he had a bald spot on his tail from what appears to have been a flea allergy which is pretty much gone. He just looks phenomenal.

He likes to act like a statue, and stands here for ages:

2010-07-11Stich2.jpg

2010-07-11Stich1.jpg

He enjoys cuddling up to Viva

2010-06-18Stitch1.jpg

And OH has even less room on his lounge:

2010-07-08Stich1.jpg

Edited by wednesday

He is still excellent. No trouble at all, and definitely not full on. He loves nothing more than cuddles on the lounge. He's totally in the routine, knows bedtime and goes to his crate, knows to come and hassle me to go outside to drink or go to the toilet (thanks to Viva :laugh: ) and it appears that he's going to be a foster failure. He has wrapped OH around his little paw.

Looks wise - he is now simply stunning. A high quality diet has done him wonders. His coat shines, the black is awesome, the fur has grown back over his bite marks and he had a bald spot on his tail from what appears to have been a flea allergy which is pretty much gone. He just looks phenomenal.

He likes to act like a statue, and stands here for ages:

2010-07-11Stich2.jpg

2010-07-11Stich1.jpg

He enjoys cuddling up to Viva

2010-06-18Stitch1.jpg

And OH has even less room on his lounge:

2010-07-08Stich1.jpg

Definately a Foster Failure :) He's looking great! :)

Yes please, i am torn, i don't want anything that will get in mason's face and stress him out.

Also if he is deaf, don't know how he would go with kids if they came up behind him?

Basically, he would need to be really easy going and quiet, not like ari and full of energy :laugh: And bomb proof with other males, as i have 3, and my cattle dog can get a bit pushy.

Also check out his skin, pics are with coat on, so can't see how bad it is.

any leads for ari?

Ok will do..but you'll have to call them about him...And PM me your mob so I can call you to tell you stuff. :rofl:

I'm definitely going out on Wed morning to have a look at the 2 bully pups..poor things. :)

He is still excellent. No trouble at all, and definitely not full on. He loves nothing more than cuddles on the lounge. He's totally in the routine, knows bedtime and goes to his crate, knows to come and hassle me to go outside to drink or go to the toilet (thanks to Viva :) ) and it appears that he's going to be a foster failure. He has wrapped OH around his little paw.

Congrats on the newest addition to your family. :rofl:

What constitutes 'good food' in your household? Do you add oil to their kibble at all?

'Good food' is Royal Canin (Giant Junior as I've done a lot of research on ingredients, and that's the one I like the best and it keeps the weight on Viva otherwise she goes all skinny) - added to that, on a rotational basis (not all in one go LOL - and some days they only get kibble), fresh mince (human quality), chicken necks, yoghurt, sardines. I also have Pro Plan performance here that I add a sprinkle of - as it entices Viva to start eating, and then she continues eating the rest of the 'good' stuff... and as a treat they sometimes get pigs ears.

He is a little fatty and I don't give him much at all, he costs next to nothing to feed - unlike my 70kg pupzilla.... :)

I am so glad stitch is staying with you, i new he was a stayer, he is stunning :)

Tate, i think the deaf boy has names, but assume they will drop off when they realise he is deaf. :)

just looked and he is not due this week, so will see if he gets adopted first, but if you have time to suss him out with other dogs i would be grateful :laugh:

Edited by juice
Hi Fran,

This is a really good article He Just Wants To Say "Hi!" In dog language the Boxer is being "rude". Unfortunately people will just say that he/she only wants to play or that it's an off-leash dog park. At off-leash dog parks the dogs must still be under effective control and not harass others. Why oh why can't people learn about dog body language :thumbsup::)

Wish more people would read it :D

So true, that article is absolutely fantastic!

If it wasn't so long, I'd print a thousand copies and take it to hand out at my park! Apparently yesterday was 'let your aggressive dog off the leash and make no apologies when it has a go at other dogs day'! WHO KNEW?! :rofl: Happened twice with 2 different dogs. I really don't want to leave that park, it's the only one in Rocky. But since it's been made full time off leash things have gone to sh*t. Hopefully the novelty will wear off soon or someone braver than I will tell them where to shove their aggressive dogs.

I would just like to clarify that Luuka was on leash minding her own business during these events :laugh:

'Good food' is Royal Canin (Giant Junior as I've done a lot of research on ingredients, and that's the one I like the best and it keeps the weight on Viva otherwise she goes all skinny) - added to that, on a rotational basis (not all in one go LOL - and some days they only get kibble), fresh mince (human quality), chicken necks, yoghurt, sardines. I also have Pro Plan performance here that I add a sprinkle of - as it entices Viva to start eating, and then she continues eating the rest of the 'good' stuff... and as a treat they sometimes get pigs ears.

He is a little fatty and I don't give him much at all, he costs next to nothing to feed - unlike my 70kg pupzilla.... :D

Hmm...so the secret is a good quality base dry food....which I don't use. I fed Eukanuba atm...but I would love to transform my scruffy fosters into gleaming hunky animals like Stitch. :)

Hopefully the novelty will wear off soon or someone braver than I will tell them where to shove their aggressive dogs.

Hahaha.. :laugh: :laugh:

Owning staffies I don't normally post in here but yesterday I was at Dreamworld and saw something that reminded me of 'bully zoomies' that I had to share.

There was a 13 month old wombat who just kept doing zoomies in her pen - through the log, around the keepers legs and pouncing on top of a stuffed toy, only to turn and start the same routine again. And sometimes she would get unco and bash into her keepers legs while doing her zoomies. I'm sure their heads would be as hard as a bullies as well! It was very funny given wombats aren't known for their high level of activity and speed, but there it was, ears flattened and little legs running!

Sadly no photos or vid as we didn't take a camera yesterday as we were there for another reason.

Juice do you know if you are taking the male Bully from Hawkesbury? I see he does have some options although transport is an issue at the moment.

Edited by Bully T

He is still excellent. No trouble at all, and definitely not full on. He loves nothing more than cuddles on the lounge. He's totally in the routine, knows bedtime and goes to his crate, knows to come and hassle me to go outside to drink or go to the toilet (thanks to Viva :rofl: ) and it appears that he's going to be a foster failure. He has wrapped OH around his little paw.

We all told you that weeks ago :o Cant believe it took this long for you to agree :( :( :rofl:

Owning staffies I don't normally post in here but yesterday I was at Dreamworld and saw something that reminded me of 'bully zoomies' that I had to share.

There was a 13 month old wombat who just kept doing zoomies in her pen - through the log, around the keepers legs and pouncing on top of a stuffed toy, only to turn and start the same routine again. And sometimes she would get unco and bash into her keepers legs while doing her zoomies. I'm sure their heads would be as hard as a bullies as well! It was very funny given wombats aren't known for their high level of activity and speed, but there it was, ears flattened and little legs running!

Sadly no photos or vid as we didn't take a camera yesterday as we were there for another reason.

I love wombats! Ihave met a few via WIRES and they always remind me of Bullies!

I havent been online much the last week or so, computer issues :rofl: and working flat out

My man isnt well at all, this cold weather has knocked him around pretty bad :(

oh, i forgot to say, my new job... my manager and i werre talking, and it turns out her mum owns one of the bull terriers from one of the litters i helped raise while at the kennels!

She came into work today to visit me, she went nuts when she saw me!

bullyt, i have no idea, carol ( funnyfarm )sent me a pm yesterday to see if i could hold him for a few weeks, i said tatelina was going out to see him.

but then i see in the thread he has a carer for a few weeks now?

so not really sure whats going on, will ask her.

tate says a 9 yr old bt was brought in while she was there too :rofl:

I am not strong enough to go to pounds...I nearly started crying so had to walk out to the carpark to get a hold on myself.

So many beautiful dogs... So many heartless people... :(

bullyt, i have no idea, carol ( funnyfarm )sent me a pm yesterday to see if i could hold him for a few weeks, i said tatelina was going out to see him.

but then i see in the thread he has a carer for a few weeks now?

so not really sure whats going on, will ask her.

tate says a 9 yr old bt was brought in while she was there too :(

Deaf boy has a couple of names on him, but they don't know that he is deaf (as staff only found out later).

Looks like the brindle boy is safe with DCH (not sure who though..even though they're my group.. :rofl: ) woo!

9 year old brindle girl (looks just like my Major Banks :rofl: ) who was gorgeous, has until the 27th I believe...but f***! I hope her owners reclaim her! :rofl:

9yrbullygirl.jpg

Happier news...my new bully (cross)... Small little girl...14.6kg. The vets named her Jemima (so woosy!) seeing as I couldn't find any name that she responded to in the car....she only flicked her ears at 'bully'. Hehe.

:rofl:

jemima3.jpg

"Fanks for taking me out of der...it was noisy!"

jemima2.jpg

"Are you gonna love me foreva?"

jemima.jpg

Check out those ears! :rofl: