Kirislin   
On 28/04/2019 at 6:02 PM, stellnme said:

Beautiful little darlings.  I so miss my Italian Greyhound girl. :(

Get another one.

• Haha 1

stellnme   
19 hours ago, Kirislin said:

Get another one.

Hopefully soon. I adopted mine as an old dog when she needed a new home.  Unfortunately I didn't have enough time with her.  Just got to get through a few life  events first and I will be looking for another girl in the same situation .  Once you've had one, you have to have another. :)

Edited by stellnme
  • Like 1

Kirislin   
6 hours ago, stellnme said:

Hopefully soon. I adopted mine as an old dog when she needed a new home.  Unfortunately I didn't have enough time with her.  Just got to get through a few life  events first and I will be looking for another girl in the same situation .  Once you've had one, you have to have another. :)

I always admire those kind people like you who are willing to take on an older dog, knowing your time together will be limited.  

• Like 1

Hey all, long time since I've visited DOL :o So my partner wants a little dog, I want a greyhound, so an iggy seems like a reasonable dog for us. :laugh: 

It would mainly be a companion for him, as I often take the big dogs away and leave boyfriend  home alone.  

My dogs do lure coursing and I'd love for future iggy to give that a go too.  Are there any breeders who breed a more athletic / robust type of iggy that would enjoy some activity but mainly snoozing ?

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 7:35 PM, Esky the husky said:

Hey all, long time since I've visited DOL :o So my partner wants a little dog, I want a greyhound, so an iggy seems like a reasonable dog for us. :laugh: 

It would mainly be a companion for him, as I often take the big dogs away and leave boyfriend  home alone.  

My dogs do lure coursing and I'd love for future iggy to give that a go too.  Are there any breeders who breed a more athletic / robust type of iggy that would enjoy some activity but mainly snoozing ?

I'd recommend a whippet for an inexperienced sighthound owner and for someone who wants to do lure coursing and have a more robust type of dog.  Some whippets come in at 12 or so kilos (Iggy Rescue just rehomed one). Break an Iggy's leg and it's around $7,000 to fix, easily done

• Sad 1

On 5/14/2019 at 7:35 PM, Esky the husky said:

Hi Esky

There are now a number of IG's Lure Coursing around the country and there are also a number of the hardy European lines about. 

I would suggest contacting Shantiah IG's and Claire can point you in the right direction.

If you want a glimpse of what they can so, google the European Lure Coursing Championships, they are amazing little creatures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WreckitWhippet said:

Hi Esky

There are now a number of IG's Lure Coursing around the country and there are also a number of the hardy European lines about. 

I would suggest contacting Shantiah IG's and Claire can point you in the right direction.

If you want a glimpse of what they can so, google the European Lure Coursing Championships, they are amazing little creatures.

Thanks, I had the pleasure of meeting a bunch at a coursing meeting in Bendigo last month. That was pretty exciting as I've never seen one come out in SA .

To the people that have suggested whopper my boyfriend is pretty adamant about having a small dog I think 12kg+ Is pushing it. I'll make sure he gets pet insurance or has enough in savings for any mishaps. If it ends up being too risky the dog doesn't need to course

On 6/19/2019 at 1:36 PM, Esky the husky said:

Thanks, I had the pleasure of meeting a bunch at a coursing meeting in Bendigo last month. That was pretty exciting as I've never seen one come out in SA .

To the people that have suggested whopper my boyfriend is pretty adamant about having a small dog I think 12kg+ Is pushing it. I'll make sure he gets pet insurance or has enough in savings for any mishaps. If it ends up being too risky the dog doesn't need to course

I was talking to Shantiah this morning and she said to get in touch. She had quite a few that would Lure Course back when the Afghan Club were running LC in NSW and this included Pirate, litter brother of Dogmad's Diamond.