disorder

French Bulldog Thread!

16,217 posts in this topic

casowner   

Hi guys,

I've decided now is the right time to start looking for a breeder. I know I might have to wait a while but I'm willing to if it means I have a healthy pup from a ethical breeder.

I found some one dogzonline which I have been emailing and a few have priced me around $5000 after talking to them for a while, I've read a lot saying I shouldn't be paying more than $4000 so I feel a bit disappointed when they tell me they're $1000 more!! These people are registered breeders who show their dogs often too.

I'm from Victoria, does anyone have any tips on where to start looking again to find someone who isn't trying to charge more than the expected price?

Thank you in advance :)

My Fozzie is from Vonasche who is posting in here, in Victoria, health tests and has awesome dogs

casowner   

They can be pretty nutty puppies, but Sid is just like the girl you met today. Just wants love.

We went to the beach this afternoon.

29700135266_3a16b5380f_c.jpg

The boys could almost be twins in this photo

huga   

Ed is his favourite. I used to get asked all the time if they were twins, but it happens less now.

casowner   

I adore my social butterfly

post-23033-0-01498900-1482201379_thumb.jpg

post-23033-0-26026900-1482201542_thumb.jpg

post-23033-0-42888300-1482201558_thumb.jpg

post-23033-0-88854600-1482201575_thumb.jpg

post-23033-0-11017200-1482201601_thumb.jpg

post-23033-0-30217000-1482201620_thumb.jpg

He comes to work everyday and he has a puppy pen that goes out of the Office into the shop, he lays here to greet everyone and when he is tired comes and lays on his bed next to my desk. I swear he gets more selfies than Taylor Swift :laugh: We took him to the Lobethal lights last night and he was in his element trotting up and down the main street in his Santa hat and jingle bell collar, my family crossed the road because he stopped at everyone and had photos taken. He has his own Facebook Page Fozzie the Frigged Off Frenchie

post-23033-0-24943100-1482201806_thumb.jpg

Edited by casowner

Hi everyone,

Just joining in here as we have recently got our first Frenchie, Margot. She is 8 weeks old ( 9 weeks tomorrow!) and such a delight so far. Funny, gentle and confident. 

Looking forward to chatting with more French Bulldog people :)

IMG_1034.JPG

margaux   

Hi JourneyWoman,

I can't help but stopping by to say hello to Margot from Margaux. :)  She is a week shy of 4 months old.

15306542_356041608085557_3963088580263280640_n.jpg

casowner   

I was brave and took Fozzie to a dog show by myself yesterday and he showed him myself :eek: he got Reserve Challenge and I was super proud of him especially as neither one of us know what we are doing

Fozzieeyes.jpg

• Like 3

RuralPug   
2 hours ago, KitKat said:

So...what do people think of the merle frenchies here in Aus?

According to the NSW breed club, merle pattern gene is not found in pure French Bulldogs, there was crossing with Chihuahua to introduce the merle gene then back crossing to French Bulldogs.

If you like the look of the French Bulldog crosses in merle fine, that is your choice. Just be aware that (a) they are not pure Frenchies and (b) the merle gene in Chihuahuas and therefore in these mixes, can give rise to deafness, vision problems and other health risks if both parents give the merle gene to any offspring.

• Like 3

Arlizng   

Hi French bulldog lovers, 

If it's ok, could i ask some questions on behalf of my friend who has a 8 month old desexed male frenchie (if inappropriate or in the wrong thread, i'm happy to remove it). 

So this is her first dog and he has been displayed resource guarding (over treats he prizes and the couch; not his dinner). He growls and tries to bite my friend and her partner when they remove him from the couch to go to bed. She smacked his butt and put him his crate/bed, which he tend hid his face whenever she looked at him and it made her feel awful.  He is also terrified of the blender (stands there, barks and shakes) and of the vaccum cleaner. She believes his fear has now generalized to anything he views as a tool, which included a screwdriver that he became aggressive towards when she was doing some painting on the weekend. 

I've suggested seeing a dog behaviourist (because of the growling) and dog obedience training. And some things to consider that he is also an adolescent.

Any advice guys, i know we all had to go through some hairy adolescent stages, but to also nip problem behaviors in the bud. Sincere thanks and i'll be passing along the responses to her. 

RuralPug   
41 minutes ago, Arlizng said:

Hi French bulldog lovers, 

If it's ok, could i ask some questions on behalf of my friend who has a 8 month old desexed male frenchie (if inappropriate or in the wrong thread, i'm happy to remove it). 

So this is her first dog and he has been displayed resource guarding (over treats he prizes and the couch; not his dinner). He growls and tries to bite my friend and her partner when they remove him from the couch to go to bed. She smacked his butt and put him his crate/bed, which he tend hid his face whenever she looked at him and it made her feel awful.  He is also terrified of the blender (stands there, barks and shakes) and of the vaccum cleaner. She believes his fear has now generalized to anything he views as a tool, which included a screwdriver that he became aggressive towards when she was doing some painting on the weekend. 

I've suggested seeing a dog behaviourist (because of the growling) and dog obedience training. And some things to consider that he is also an adolescent.

Any advice guys, i know we all had to go through some hairy adolescent stages, but to also nip problem behaviors in the bud. Sincere thanks and i'll be passing along the responses to her. 

It probably revolves around tbeing the first dog - neither your friends nor the pup know what is needed to become a happy family together.

She definitely need to stop feeling sorry for the pup AND certainly needs to stop the violence (smacking) as it will only generate more violence from the pup. A good behaviourist is probably the best bet if the dog is growling and trying to bite - they will train your friend and her partner in a number of things (1) how to encourage the pup to happily go to his crate at bedtime and more importantly (2) how your friends can learn to read the pup's signals so that he never needs to resort to growling and biting. The fear aggression towards noisy machinery is can be resolved with help. The screwdriver reaction is not necessarily connected,but I would rather the behaviourist explain that.

Please convince her that there is no shame, for a first dog owner, to not understand these things and several sessions with a an excellent behaviorist will set them on the right path, which can be followed up with other activities (obedience and/or on-line training from reputable sources). That these things come to a head during adolescence is often the case but it does need to be nipped in the bud ASAP by them learning to read their pup and outthink him.

If you explain the area in which they live, others can suggest excellent behaviorists in their area. If you choose to ask in the Puppy Problems forum, you should be able to get some excellent suggestions.

• Like 1

Arlizng   

Thank you for that reply Rural Pug. I will definitely pass that on. 

I think she is looking into Bark Busters. Will see what she would like to do, but will post there if needed. Thanks! :) 

Have a lovely week ahead.