I Have To Boast!

Ok, so when I got my GAP greyhound a couple of months ago she was by no means a train wreck or anything like that but she was a couple of kgs off her ideal weight and her coat was a little dull. Now she looks in premium order :laugh:. After the first few weeks I stopped the the suppliments and since then she's been on 1 cup of Nutrience Active and 1 cup of Nutro Performance with an egg every second day and tin of Tuna or Sardines every other day, she also gets about 200g of VIP pet roll. She only gets fed once a day in the morn (to stop nasty "accidents" at night.

Honestly her coat is like a mirror and the bones along her back can't be seen any more - only one set of ribs at her sides too! She looks magnificent - I'm so pleased :love:

Just wanted to tell everyone how well these products have been working :)

Can't reccommend them highly enough!

Colouroflies, you cant get away with this....

You cant go telling us all about how fabulous your greyhound looks without posting a picture!!

SHeesh.... you could be banned from DOL for stunts like that!!!!!

But really, good on you. it's a great feeling isnt it.

I would keep an eye on it. Her coat may be going through a change, and not necessarily stay the way you describe.

The commerical foods you are using have products in them that make the coat look shiny, but arent the correct fatty acids for maintaining the skin and coat.

edit for sp.

Edited by shmoo

Hey mine too, though it's been three months now. Sophie steals eggs and will even wait while a chook lays one.

I can answer the lead question - NO. Mine is a shocker on the lead. But she was never raced so that might have some bearig. I've tried the dog whisperer way of stopping when she pulls to no avail. For three weeks we never got out the jolly gate.

Does anyone have any other hints on leads?

Just curious, are most greys lead-trained when adopted out? The ones I see out and about are always walking so nicely with their owners.

Most retired racers are a dream to walk. Not sure why, they just are!

Hey mine too, though it's been three months now. Sophie steals eggs and will even wait while a chook lays one.

I can answer the lead question - NO. Mine is a shocker on the lead. But she was never raced so that might have some bearig. I've tried the dog whisperer way of stopping when she pulls to no avail. For three weeks we never got out the jolly gate.

Does anyone have any other hints on leads?

My current 2 greys are not racers. I used a haltie on Piper (7 years) for over 12 months, he slowly came to his senses and I can mostly walk him on an ordinary collar now but will still use the haltie in places of high excitement ie the GAP Christmas party, for the 1st hour or so until the fizz runs out :thumbsup:

Fern (9 months) can pull like a train but her exercise is taken care of by going to the local slipping track and letting her run like a mad fiend, then back into the car. Lazy I know but it works for us.

Sorry have been 'round lately to reply :D. If i don't walk her every day she can jump around and pull really hard! But in that case I use a halti - works wonders. I do get funny about tha fact there's a chance she might slip the halti so I connect it to her sighthound anti-slip collar with a simple carabeena clip, then clip her lead to the halti. That way if she wriggles out of the halti the lead will still be connected the collar in some way :rofl:.

Here's some pics!

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg