Limping Dog

I was playing towel chase game with my dog this afternoon and somehow the towel wraped around my legs and got caught with my dog too. When i stopped the game i then realized my dog is limping. He runs around with his left foot in the air. :mad

So i watched him for a bit and he still runs around chasing birds and wanting to play chase. But still halfway through his running he puts his leg in the air and trys to run with three legs. Also he can stand on the sore foot to take a pee.

I had a look at the foot and pressed gently and firmly on his foot which hes limping on and he does not yelp when i press anywhere on it.

Should i take him to the vet to have it looked at ? Im a bit worried that i hurt him playing this stupid game, and i hope i didnt fracture anything for him :)

I have a maltese poodle cross with loose kneecaps (!!! don't even ask!!!!)... when he starts limping occasionally if it gets bad I take him to the vet and they give him a painkiller and some tablets and he's generally good to go a day or two later.

Our GSD hurt his foot after getting it caught in the fence... he was limping badly on it for a few days until I decided to take him to the vet to be checked out. Once I got him into the vet surgery he was walking fine!!!!!

The little brat walked fine after that ... the vet was laughing when I told him I thought he was just after attention.

If it doesn't appear to be painful to touch then it is probably just a little bruised. Give him a few days...