Good Vet On The Gold Coast, Qld?

Hi,

I would love to hear of any good vets on the Gold Coast. I am currently waiting to get a new puppy and was not too happy with my last vet after losing my beloved dog a few months ago. I keep hearing of bad vets and where not to go but have not heard of any really good vets - can anyone help!

I am willing to travel to either end of the Gold Coast so long as the vet is caring, professional and experienced. Worse comes to worse I will again travel up to Brisbane to find a suitable vet, as I had to with my last dog.

Any feedback on your experiences would be appreciated or if anyone can advise me how I can find and locate experienced vets (B.Sc (Honours)).

Kim :p

Hi,

I would love to hear of any good vets on the Gold Coast. I am currently waiting to get a new puppy and was not too happy with my last vet after losing my beloved dog a few months ago. I keep hearing of bad vets and where not to go but have not heard of any really good vets - can anyone help!

I am willing to travel to either end of the Gold Coast so long as the vet is caring, professional and experienced. Worse comes to worse I will again travel up to Brisbane to find a suitable vet, as I had to with my last dog.

Any feedback on your experiences would be appreciated or if anyone can advise me how I can find and locate experienced vets (B.Sc (Honours)).

Kim :p

Hi Kim,

I go to Vetcall in Ashmore. They are great. I have had to take Zorro (border collie) in on a saturday afternoon after finding a tick. They didn't charge me and were wonderfull about my paranoia (sp).

Hope this helps.

What sort of puppy are you getting???

Tara

Thanks for the info Tara,

Am getting another Keeshond. My last dog 'Boo Boo' started having grand mal seizures out of the blue. During his last episode he had a total of 5 grand mal seizures and I took him up to Brisbane. The intravenous medication they had him on controlled the seizures but he just wasn't recovering after 2 days - it was way too much for him.

I wasn't impressed that I took him to my vet in the afternoon (he had already had 2 seizures that morning) and he only prescribed me anti-seizure tablets for him (they had his previous history when I took him to the Emergency Vet only a few weeks earlier). When I got home he had another seizure 20 minutes later. I rang the vet and told him and he said to just give him one of the anti-seizure tablets and wait it out through the night and give him a call in the morning. F that. After he had his 4th seizure later that night, I rushed him up to an Emergency Vet in Brisbane who immediately inserted a tube down his throat so that if he had another seizure they could manually give him oxygen (since he stopped breathing during the seizures). He had another seizure whilst I was there so at least they knew how bad the seizures were that he was having and that I was not 'overstating' the severity of them. You even had to hold his head when he went into convulsions so that he didn't smack his head too hard on the floor. These guys were so sympathetic and professional but they are only an emergency vet and not a general practice, otherwise I would not hesitate taking any animal to them even if it means travelling 40 minutes.

A pic is of my new pup 'Zac' which I am still on.

post-13071-1185069274_thumb.jpg