What Foods Can Dogs "not" Eat?

Hi,

can anyone tell me what dogs should absolutely not eat (and if possible why?)

i know onions are really bad as it causes a bad immune system reaction.

I have just got a new dog (Akita) and i want to be sure of the foods that's all,

we give him Advanced dog food and JerHigh doggie treats.

Jayakita

post-18894-1185367453_thumb.jpg

I'd add canned dog food to schmoo's list.

It's mostly water, often contains unhealthy fat:protein rations and too much salt, and it tends to make 'em fart :thumbsup:

I agree with tollersowned . . . the list is a bit alarmist. A blanket ban on eating plants is a bit overdone, though I wish mine had less apetite for pot plants :D . I would feed my dogs a lot of avocado if I could afford to. I can't imagine how you'd get even a labrador to eat enough citrus oil to do any damage. The odd hand full of raisins does not harm. But there's little disagreement on some things on the list, eg, onions, corn cobs, chocolate and meat packs.

the list is a bit alarmist, but ive heard cases where a dog has eaten a hand full of grapes and been very ill, or a small amount of chocolate and been violently sick.

my lot eat milk, chocolate, mandarins and a few other things no worries, but for people who would rather be safe than find out the hard way this is a good list to follow!