Leo Ear Cleaner

Its not being made anymore. I use metho and it works a treat :worship:

Metho?? as in methylated spirits? :thumbsup:

Yup. Just spray a bit in like any other cleaner and mush the ear around. best cleaner ive ever used. Ive used it on lots of dogs and never had a problem. got the advice from another groomer who got her advice from a vet.

Leo Ear Cleaner has been discontinued.

Some months back I was helping someone look for it on Ebay and I found one version of it but apparently the formula has changed. They dont' make the old Leo anymore.

Perhaps if you saved a bottle, just replicate it, it only has 3 active ingredients, Menthol/Chlorothymol/Boric Acid. I dont know if its water based or alchohol based i would presume the latter?!.

I was disapointed its no longer made, its the best, i have experemented with some things, ACV, a "Blue Power" that was ok, but a bit ruff on the dogs ear imo. and melaseb rince which i have found the best so far.

We have been using a product called MalAcetic Otic which is an Ear/Skin Cleanser. By DermaPet www.dermapet.com

If you use metho dilute it first with water then gradually build up to full strenfth. I found that using metho made the inside of the ears hard and leathery. I am really impressed with the Dermapet product I use it all the time now.

Chris

dogcop: i wouldnt mix the metho with water because then it wouldn't all evaporate? that is the idea of the metho.

realised i wasnt making sense :thumbsup:

Edited by shmoo

Thanks all, I sent an email to bayer the other day, the reply was when they took over Vetxx they didn't get the rights to Leo Ear cleaner. She says not available in Oz.

Shame its the best stuff for moving the wax. I find epiotic doesn't work as well or the illum ear cleaner.

Will definatley give the metho a go.......thanks Shmoo :thumbsup:

dogcop: i wouldnt mix the metho with water because then it wouldn't all evaporate? that is the idea of the metho.

realised i wasnt making sense :sleep:

Sorry i didn't make myself clear either :thumbsup::laugh::sleep: use it only as a sponge wipe not flood tghe ear.

realised i wasnt making sense :p

Sorry i didn't make myself clear either :):rofl::rofl: use it only as a sponge wipe not flood tghe ear.

ahh yup :)