Gottalovealab

Those Crazy Labradors

29,860 posts in this topic

PAGE 2 AGAIN!!!!

Where is everyone???

Ok so can anyone give me a tip on how I make Patton wait at the doorstep until I say for him to come IN??

Its about the only thing we are having trouble with :thumbsup:

PAGE 2 AGAIN!!!!

Where is everyone???

Ok so can anyone give me a tip on how I make Patton wait at the doorstep until I say for him to come IN??

Its about the only thing we are having trouble with :)

Easy!!!

Start with small steps and move slowly.

Stand outside the door with hidden treats - put him in a sit stay, reach forward and just touch the door (it doesntly have to be the handle) and if he doesnt move, turn to him and say "Yes!! good stay!!", then repeat it. Do that 4 or 5 times.

Then in the next lesson you do that once or twice to remind him and then you can touch the handle and if he stays repeat the rewards.

Each lesson must make a progression. So that you can tell him to sit, stay and step off on your RIGHT foot, taking one step only and he will stay. If he does that then return to him and reward him. Keep each lesson a little better than the last until eventually he will wait in the sit, stay until you call him in.

If your obedience club is into positive reinforcement - treats etc - then they will be able to give you a demonstration on what I am saying.

But OH said if that's your only issue with him you are doing a remarkable job :thumbsup: We knew he was going to a great home. ;)

smisch   

Labby People I am needing some help and info please :rofl:

I'm inheriting a Lab at the end of the year his owners are working overseas on contract for 2 - 2.5 yrs and they didn't want to rehome their boy as they also have children who love him to death and want to be able to see him so I ma taking this boy for the next 2 years as a training (mostly agility and poss obed) prospect and maybe a neuter show candidate for me to gain some ring exposure and to see another side of the dog world providing he makes the grade.

Now his prefix is Coobyview I have seen their site which is very basic and not so informative does anyone know anything about these dogs as in how they do are they around in the show ring or obedience or are they more Pet home dogs?

My other Question is Can someone please explain hip and Elbow scores for me and what is the average these days.. Whilst I'm not sure if this boy has been scored I do know that the parents scores reflect on his..

I'm really excited :rofl: I used to train this boy so it'll be good to work with him now that he is a little older and more settled

Darling Henrietta !! What a clever girl, she is well on the road to full recovery by the looks KJ !

Archie had a bath today and went cuckoo for cocopops. He jumped out of the clam shell and tried to run off, yanking my arm in the process, then started crouching and barking at me. No idea what got into him, he's never been a massive fan of the bath but he's always just dealt with it.

KJ   

The girls, Henrietta (2yrs old), Asha (10.5yrs old) Teddy (8.5yrs old) Claude (10.5yrs old) and Sooty (12.5yrs old). Henrietta would not stay so I placed her lead under Claude's paw and she did not move:laugh:

aq.jpg

The girls, Henrietta (2yrs old), Asha (10.5yrs old) Teddy (8.5yrs old) Claude (10.5yrs old) and Sooty (12.5yrs old). Henrietta would not stay so I placed her lead under Claude's paw and she did not move:laugh:

aq.jpg

Aw what a gorgeous family photo. Henrietta is like, 'wha ?' They all have great (and very different) expressions. Too cute KJ

macka   

aq.jpg

Fantastic photo KJ! What a gorgeous family! :cry:

Labby People I am needing some help and info please :worship:

I'm inheriting a Lab at the end of the year his owners are working overseas on contract for 2 - 2.5 yrs and they didn't want to rehome their boy as they also have children who love him to death and want to be able to see him so I ma taking this boy for the next 2 years as a training (mostly agility and poss obed) prospect and maybe a neuter show candidate for me to gain some ring exposure and to see another side of the dog world providing he makes the grade.

Now his prefix is Coobyview I have seen their site which is very basic and not so informative does anyone know anything about these dogs as in how they do are they around in the show ring or obedience or are they more Pet home dogs?

My other Question is Can someone please explain hip and Elbow scores for me and what is the average these days.. Whilst I'm not sure if this boy has been scored I do know that the parents scores reflect on his..

I'm really excited :cry: I used to train this boy so it'll be good to work with him now that he is a little older and more settled

Congratulations! I'm no help on the stuff you want to find out though :cry: One of the experienced lab people might be able to help you out

Where's Mikelli, I'm dying to hear how Topsy went. ;)

:dancingelephant::dancingelephant::dancingelephant::dancingelephant::dancingelephant::dancingelephant::dancingelephant:

She won it :(

:dancingelephant::cheer::worship::cry:

What great news!!!

Thanks Blackdog, I suppose Mikelli is still celebrating. :cry: