Help... I Think My Dog Had Some Kitty Litter!

Hi,

my dog may have (not sure) had a sniff of the kitty litter and tasted or eated some, it is the kitty litter crystals (Silica gel litter),

i think he only had 4 or 5 little crystals but i put my hand in his mouth and got out the other pieces,

any heard of any bad side effects???

J

Hi,

my dog may have (not sure) had a sniff of the kitty litter and tasted or eated some, it is the kitty litter crystals (Silica gel litter),

i think he only had 4 or 5 little crystals but i put my hand in his mouth and got out the other pieces,

any heard of any bad side effects???

J

Call the Balcatta Veterinary Hospital (open 24 hours) and ask them what they think.

Sorry, best advice would come from a vet I think!

My dogs often have kitty litter snacks, but i use natural litter, so no idea?

honestly, i wouldnt worry if it was me, but if you are, i would ring the vets and see waht they say :)

and let us know!

My dogs often browse kitty litter. I use vermiculite. It goes right through and the little sparkly bits are visible after they go through.

Silica gel is likely to be nasty, though, cause it sucks out liquids to an astounding degree. You've probably (wisely) been to the vet already, and what is going to happen has happened. But in the future, I'd avoid silica gel litter around dogs. Or keep the kitty litter in a place where the dog has no chance of reaching it.

My dog did that. The Silica gel absorbs liquid and does not dissolve. I force fed him milk mixed with mince and a teaspoon of paraffin oil as that coated his stomach. The vet was not sure what to do, this was what we worked out. The milk would absorb, the mince to grab and the oil to coat. No side effects thank Dog but he had quite a lot.

I thew the whole bag out.