My Dog Has A Green Face!

My cream labradoodle has been having a lovely time rolling around in the grass... I called him back inside and noticed that he has a bright green tinge all over his face and his front paws! :party:

He looks awfully pleased with himself! ;)

I'm about to start his training in shopping centres in the next few days and I'm kind of mortified... I think I'm going to have enough trouble as it is explaining that he's an assistance dog and allowed to be with me. Is there a way to get the green stains out, cos at the moment he looks like a punk rocker dog lol

Blossom

Try scrubbing the areas that are green with an old/new soft toothbrush and green palmolive dishwashing liquid but make sure you rinse thoroughly otherwise he will end up with an irritation.

lol.. thank you

hehe i can't stop laughing.. i can't believe the timing ;)

I'm about to start his training in shopping centres in the next few days and I'm kind of mortified... I think I'm going to have enough trouble as it is explaining that he's an assistance dog and allowed to be with me. Is there a way to get the green stains out, cos at the moment he looks like a punk rocker dog lol

Blossom

Assistance dogs usually wear a vest, don't they? Perhaps you could either make one or modify a dog coat to suit? You can always phone ahead to the centre manager, also, so you're not unexpected.

dishwashing liquid will really dry out the coat. if you think your dogs skin can handle it and the scrubing then your choice. personally i would be going and getting a whitening shampoo and using that everyday till its faded.

My blue fawn greyhound (cream colour - lighter than the average lab) girl loves to roll in the grass on mowing day - she will do it before, and zoom around during mowing (yes, we are careful about her getting too close and being out of the way of the back), then she adores a good roll after it is cut. Of course, that is when she gets green. I usually dont worry as we dont show, and she loves it - but from memory it tends to just wear off. I would just wash him in ordinary dog shampoo and see if it works - get some full strength on your hand and lather it in to the green bits. If that doesnt work well, go for the whitening shampoos.

If you are anywhere in the northern beaches - up to forest area, pm me - i might be able to help - and as an assistant dog he can have a freebie.

Hey guys.. thank you... :)

It has seemed to wear off a little over night, thank goodness, because it was really really bright lol

I will give the dog shampoo a go, thank you :rofl:

Peachie thank you you're very kind... but I live in Qld!

Poodle wrangler, yep he's going to wear an assistance dog cape.. unfortunately from what I'm told though, some places still try to make it difficult for assistance dog teams to enter... I guess they just aren't educated about the training the dogs go through and the legalities of it... I haven't experienced this yet though