My Baby Keeps Crying! Please Help!

Hi everyone,

I sent my baby for a wash today because she needed her nails clipped. Usually we wash her ourselves with Aloveen.. and we are really careful to dry her well... My friends have sent their dogs to this place and recommended it to us. but since she's been home, she's been scratching and crying non-stop.. We're thinking its either the shampoo is too strong for her skin or they forgot to rinse her? whats the best remedy for this? DOLers! I'm in need of your expertise .. Please help!!

do you know what process they groomed the dog in? ie did they wash and then dry her under a dryer or towel dry her?

did she pick up fleas at the salon? was she near any dogs being clipped and could their loose clippings irritated her skin?

i would probably bath her again in what you usually use on her, and dry her the way you do.

I'd also ring the salon and ask what they used on her and whether or not any dogs had fleas that day. Never know, they might offer to assist you? She may have picked up fleas anywhere.

I use Advantix (spot-on) and it starts killing fleas in 20 minutes. One of my dog seems to attract fleas and there have to be quite a few on him b4 I see them- tummy is a good place to look. I'm not exactly sure, but I think you need to wait 2-3 days after a bath to use one of the spot-on products (check the instructions, I'm not sure).

pricelesspets.com.au is the cheapest I've found for the antiflea, antitick stuff. Frontline is similar, but I found it didn't work for me when I got a freebie sample (?resistance in my area).

keep an eye on her- I saw a dog on the weekend who had fur go missing becasue of the shampoo used! also keep an eye out for any rashes etc. But I'd ring the salon and ask them.

Assuming you are talking about the Keeshond in your pic, first, as suggested i would have gone right back to the groomers and checked what they used. Also that they rinse thouroughly between baths (tho they will say of course they do), tell them the problem.

Another thought i had is perhaps they went too hard with the slicker - that can scratch up the skin. Just yesterday i was brushing out a very knotty pair of cavalier ears, at the ends, and the slicker kept hitting my inside forearm - i have a few scratches and a rash from that. (dogs ears are fine, they were too thick for the slicker to get to the skin.

IF it was me (the groomer) i would offer to instantly rewash her in your choice of shampoo. Obviously the aloveen works best for you - take yours along in case they dont use it.

The rashes you mentioned in your last post could be either an allergy to the shampoo, or as mentioned above, too heavy handed with the slicker.

I know this post is a couple of days old, how is she now? Did the groomers wash her again in aloveen for you?