Worms - Gross

BC

Aaaarrrr, Another grooming horror tonight.

I have seen some pretty bad things grooming, as I have listed in other threads, and this is not sooo major, but I still nearly threw up.

About 6 months ago I groomed these 2 little dogs, and told the owner that one had an ear infection and she needed to be taken to the vet. She took her to the vet and apparently vet said, cant find anything wrong. I advised her to go somewhere else, and left it at that, assuming she did, cos I cant force someone to do something.

I groomed these 2 little ones again tonight, and the ears still stink, all feet are infected with some sort of crusty yellow puss, and all cracked and bloody, and the owner then said she has been rubbing her bums on the bricks, so I looked at her bum, well what was left of it. No hair what so ever, and the most painful looking, red raw cracked skin, aaarrrrr And I was not going to express anal glands cos her bum had to be painful.

I bathed her and clipped her and went to speak to the owner about what needs to be done, and after lifting her tail to show the owner her bum, to my horror, there was a tape worm sliding in and out of her butt :rolleyes:

I felt the color drain out of me, but of course I could not leave this hanging out of the poor little thing, so I had to catch it when it slid out again ;)

I'm glad the owner saw this as she was taking her to the vet straight away.

On my way home I found a little stray so I took him to the vet, and saw them there, so I'm glad she is finally being seen to.

;) :rofl::rofl:

That is so disgusting, some people keep their dogs in the worst condtion its so unfair on the animal. I did a peke on Saturday that had ton of stuff caught in the mats leaves, part of a elastic band and :offtopic: a half chewed lollie.

Worms yuck poor pups.

That one takes the cake, I've seen some pretty disgusting stuff but that would have to be the worst :offtopic:

No Warley, wait until you have seen a fly blow dog (bum full of maggots). That one took the cake for me. Along with another dog I had to rinse maggots from its back leg, and it was just screaming :eek: Dont worry, these dogs got vet attention as I took them myself.

That is so disgusting, some people keep their dogs in the worst condtion its so unfair on the animal. I did a peke on Saturday that had ton of stuff caught in the mats leaves, part of a elastic band and :offtopic: a half chewed lollie.

Worms yuck poor pups.

:eek: I've had one with a pen lid stuck in the mats :cry:

Oh god. Why do I come into these threads when I know full well I'm going to vomit a little in my mouth???

That's so gross! My hat goes off to you for doing the right thing and I'm glad the lady took your advice and took the pooches to the vet. Let's hope the tapeworm isn't the only thing that gets treated this time though?!

I dont get how people will spend money to get their dogs groomed but not have the money or be bothered to worm their dogs? It just doesn't make sense to me. I'm not sure how much a groomer costs, but I'm sure it wouldn't be really cheap, yet these assholes wont even cough up to ensure their dogs are free of worms? I just dont get it. Wasn't the woman embarassed by the state of her dogs? I hope you gave her an earful.

Yep, she sure was embarassed. I did give her a little talk, but her embarassment was enough for me. I dont think she will do it again, and I'm sure the vets have had a word to her too.

I have done her dogs twice in the last 6 months, and charge $100 for both of them each time, yet she cant spend $10 every 3 months to worm them.

It's sad, cos I know she loves her dogs to death, but I think it is more the fact that they are not educated properly.

Consider another one now educated :rofl: Just a shame you can tell someone a million times what needs to be done, but it takes something like this to happen for it to sink in.

It should have been prevented 6 months ago when I first told her to get the ear checked :rolleyes: but at least she knows now and the little one will be more comfortable.

I have a MIL who's also deaf to doing the right thing for her dog. The same dog she says she loves has rotting teeth and she's bought a new computer with 19" LCD and gone on holidays, instead of having the vet fix them. The vet's told her they need to be done under anaesthetic.

She also spends a lot on shampoos, but won't brush her dog with problem skin properly (I even gave her a slicker) or have him clipped often enough. It's only $20 for a clip! Selective deafness.

I have a MIL who's also deaf to doing the right thing for her dog. The same dog she says she loves has rotting teeth and she's bought a new computer with 19" LCD and gone on holidays, instead of having the vet fix them. The vet's told her they need to be done under anaesthetic.

She also spends a lot on shampoos, but won't brush her dog with problem skin properly (I even gave her a slicker) or have him clipped often enough. It's only $20 for a clip! Selective deafness.

Yep, I hear ya. It will take a big absess or something really major for them to even realise, then they'll think, I should've listened. Unfortunately the poor dog suffers in the mean time. I'm very anal about dogs teeth and skin, no, everything really, and no matter how many people I tell, your dogs teeth are rotting, or your dog has a skin problems, please get it checked out, it falls on deaf ears :rofl:

Sometimes we have a win, and they're my happy days :rolleyes:

Good on you for telling these people. I agree with what was said previously, why would you spend money on grooming and not on other basic care as well. They obviously have the money. Makes you wonder if they have some sort of sadistic streak in them, or some sort of psych problem.

And as if she would not notice the paws or the smell. If the dog had been bum scooting that much, you would think she would realize it isn't normal and investigate. She must not touch and interact with her dogs very much. Oh boy, I hate some people. :rolleyes:

The entire dog smelt of a yeast infection, yes, I even smelt its feet. She even pointed this out to me when I was getting ready, but to think this is normal???? As I said, some people are just not educated and dont realise what is and isn't right.

And, she has the dogs inside. Can you imagine the smell :rolleyes:

thank God for wonderful groomers who just love dogs...and poor dogs that come in with all those problems. Some people are just too embarrassed to take to the vet. But if they take to groomers, well they should be able enough to take to the vet.

Edited by Bloss

i've started work in as a groomer- good to hear i have something to look forward to :happydance2: a fly-blown dog that just blows me away!! how can they not realise? i know from when our sheep have been fly-blown that it reeks like nothing on earth HOW can they not tell? and i thought the bc i groomed the other day with poo clumps stuck to its bum hair was bad. i aint seen nothing yet hey??