How To Find A Good Vet?

How do i find a good vet, we live in the Adelaide CBD, but i am willing to go anywhere to find a good vet. Any hints, i have been to see 2 vets i found in the yellow pages but one didn't deal with JRT and the other one gave me the creeps. Any help would be fabulous!

thank you

I think you will probably get some referrals from here, but you are doing the right thing. Ring around all the vets in your area, ask what would be a good time to pop in for 5 mins chat with the vet as you are choosing one for your dog and want to know who will be attending to him should something happen (heaven forbid). "Interview" them, and see which one you like best. Of course, experience is a factor, but generally, i wouldnt let anybody touch my dogs if i didnt get a good vibe from them. Take your dog with you as well, and watch the interaction.

Hello Pepsi bt,

If you live near the city there is a really good vet in St Peters. Stephens terrace vet clinic.

If your down south you could try either the Paws Plus vets or Chandlers hill vets.

East of the city try the Adelaide animal hospita on Magill rd.

We have moved around a bit, but have found all of these vets to be really helpful and nice.

Hope it helps.

:rofl:

• 1 month later...

Word of mouth from other people....like scubadog....who have high standards for how their dog is cared for.

My way of separating how those who really think through the animals' problems & treatments.....from those who just follow recipes....is to see what they do the very first time a dog is taken in.

The vets I want are those who take a thorough history of the dog.....any recurring problems, when they first emerged, what treatments have been given & how they worked. And they record this information for future reference.

I think she has found a perfect vet by now :laugh:

On Unley St...

Don't you mean Unley Road?

Angel Vet's in Adealide tend to operate only from Unley Road.

ETA: People do not like being deceived. I actually contacted people about that border collie pup, now I have to call them and say that the puppy is not avaliable, any possibly does not exist...

Edited by Pug Hugger