Doggy Odour.

I'm fortunate I don't have a lot of concrete but I used to have a lot of pavers in my previous place.

I use Delete kennel cleaner/deodorant (linky here) and find it very effective. :thumbsup:

Daily poo patrol also helps.

Edited by poodlefan

we have a big cement area too- which is where the pups are kept when we go out. Daily poo patrol is a must- and we clean the area with a kennel cleaner product from the pet shop. I hose the area and then scrub the stuff into the cement with a broom.

We have a big concrete courtyard, and all I use is a little bit of dish washing liquid in a bucket, foams up really well and I give it a good scrub with a wire broom..

BUT, I just saw the link poodlefan left, me thinks I'll give that a go as well.

Edited by disorder

I seen this and thought it was refering to doggy smell. I have noticed that Archie (a cav) has a very distinct whiff than the corgis do. I may just be used to corgi whiff mind you. Tips on keeping Archies ears clean are very welcome. I'm still blundering about with those ears.

Our backyard is paved too, and the odour is not good - it seems to be the smell from the urine soaking into the pavers and then the sun baking it in. Yuck! We scrub it out once a week with Simple Green, it's a biodegradable outside disenfectant that you are legally allowed to flush down the outside drain. It really gets the pong out, too. But you still have to do it once a week.

My mother works at a place where they sell products.. I usually get some of that odour killing disinfectant. But it seems like in 2 days or less later the strong smell sweeps the yard again.

Edited by AUS-STAFF

I buy white vinegar very cheaply at the supermarket. It neutralises the acid in the wee and reduces the smell. I also use phenyl wheelie bin cleaner for strong cases. Both work on concrete as well as grass/dirt areas. Neither seem to kill the grass thank goodness!!

I buy white vinegar very cheaply at the supermarket. It neutralises the acid in the wee and reduces the smell. I also use phenyl wheelie bin cleaner for strong cases. Both work on concrete as well as grass/dirt areas. Neither seem to kill the grass thank goodness!!

Are you using it straight on the grass or diluting it? I've always found vinegar great for the conrete but never thought of using it on the grass...

I use Neem Kennel cleaner - great all purpose stuff.

www.neemaus.com.au

:love:

Does that make the whole yard stink of neem though? I'm not sure which would be worse! :)

This stuff doesn't have a particularly strong smell - and the smell it does have is not unpleasant.

I think I know which one I prefer :o