Is A Physio Worthwhile

Reddii

The ongoing saga of CK's elbow continues. The break is now perfectly healed (x-rayed), but he is still a bit sore after vigorous exercise and our vet/chiro feels that the joint does not have total movement back. he is on a course of cartrophen injections and zeel tablets to add a buffer against arthritis while the healing hopefully contines - if he is not happy in another 4 weeks we are going to re-xray to look for bone spurs or any other problems that might have cropped up.

Does anyone have any experience with Physios to compelement the chiro work we are having done. I know in the human world the two often don't like each other, but they do work well in combination.

Also - can anyone recommend a brisbane based physio.

Thanks

Tony R

I currently have a boy in physio after an ongoing drama of misdiagnosis etc. The Physio works, however it is not a miracle cure, it takes time and can be a case of 3 steps forward 1 step back depending on your dog, my guy is very active and can quickly re aggravate his issue's if I'm not carefull. It can also take a while to get the root of the problem etc.

I firmly believe in the process, and as long as you are not expecting a miracle "instant" cure, and are prepared to take the time for it to make the difference, it can and does work.

Thanks Mell,

We are already about 6 months into this so I know there is no such thing as a miracle cure, prey as I might! Good to hear you are getting some positive results.

To see the little man's face when he can do something he hasn't before or has a short run around and is having fun makes it all worthwhile!

Cheers.

Tony R

I would be seeking out a Bowen therapist! You are lucky in that the main large & small animal Bowen centre is at Eumundi, so there should be several therapists you can choose from. Contact Ali Goward for more info 07 5442 8733.

I would be seeking out a Bowen therapist! You are lucky in that the main large & small animal Bowen centre is at Eumundi, so there should be several therapists you can choose from. Contact Ali Goward for more info 07 5442 8733.

What is Bowen Therapy? - Pardon my ignorance.

ETA - don't worry.....google is my friend.....thanks

Edited by Reddii

There is an animal physio service at VSS in brisbane the physio's name is Lindsay, they also have Hydrotherapy facilities. My only advice is to make sure the physio you see is qualified and has completed their masters in Animal Physiotherapy.

In my opinion physiotherapy plays a huge roll in rehabing dogs after injury or surgery and I have personaly witnessed some amazing results. But as stated it is not a miracle cure and will take time and effort on your behalf to achieve the best results.