Beagle Ate A Balloon

Beagle-mum

Hi guys

Yes my Ruby eats just about everything, her nic name is Hoover.

Well this morning she was too quick for me and grabbed a balloon (has not been blown up yet) and just swallowed it. Yes swallowed it. :laugh:

What do I do, do I just wait for it to pass through?

I am just worrying a little about this

Cheers

Dedrei

(She's the one in my pics)

Edited by dedrei

:) ;) Shame on you Raz for laughing at the antics of a beagle :laugh:

Don't listen to her, dedrei. ;) Other than the fact that she's right - all things must pass :(

Seriously, if you're concerned, a visit to the vet would be in order, but there's probably not a lot they can do right now. Just keep an eye on that back end :eek:

My sheltie has eaten several balloons - I used to let him play with them but when they popped he would then eat it! Thus - we don't play with balloons anymore.

His all passed with no probs - you'll just have to keep an eye on her and her poops to make sure it passes.

Have fun :laugh:

:laugh: Oh my there are some visions running through my head and I too have little tears.

But seriously, don't stress. I would say you have 995 chance that in the next 24hrs you will see a funny coloured poop in the yard and all will be fine. IF you don't find it in 48hrs and the dogs haven't gotten to the poop first to re eat it (as beagles are known to do) maybe ring the vet and have a chat to see what they suggest.

After reading Gwinganna's post I suggest you have the camera handy just in case that situation does occur :(

I remember seeing a dog come into the vet surgery I was working at some years ago, with a pair of pink fluorescent underpants hanging out of its backside. It's amazing what passes through a dog's intestines!

Audrey

Hopefully not Brigette Jones' dog hey? Best it's owner was a size 8 and into g-strings.

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the support. Yeah it is pretty funny what she does. She's a real monster. My male is the destroyer of the two and she is the swallow-it-before-you-can-even-taste-it one. :mad

Just a bit worried as the balloon was still in tact, wasn't one that was blown up or anything. Just scared something might just go into the balloon while in her intestines and then it gets stuck or something.

Thanks for the tip with the oil. Will definitely try that with her food tonight. :cry:

Cheers