Lizalou A Head In Red

redz

Today I said goodbye to my lovely boy. This morning he was a healthy, happy three year old, running and playing with his friends, smiling his "good morning" to me, but tonight he is no longer in his basket. A snake ended his too short life and has left a hole in my heart that will always be there. He was not just a poodle, he was a companion, a friend and a continual source of pleasure. His favourite position was at my feet, preferrably with his head on my feet. He would always greet me at the gate with his own form of speech that never left any doubt that he was glad that you were home. Dinner was his favourite time and he always let me know that I was too slow in serving him. My grandchildren were greeted with much prancing and yips of pleasure, others were warned that he was a "guard dog"that was always on duty. It is going to be hard to get used to not having you at my side Lou, but you will always hold that special place in my heart. Run free little man.

redz, i am so sorry and i know how you are feeling - its just like a huge part of you has been ripped away. i had to say goodbye to my boy on saturday indirectly due to snake bite (he had recovered from that but it was the resulting kidney failure a week later)

RIP Lou :thumbsup: i am sure you and Digby will look out for each other