Eating Bees

volantis

If she gets stung she will learn to avoid them. Dogs that get get stung in the mouth or throat can sometimes suffer severe swelling that can affect their breathing and occasionally dogs can suffer an anaphylactic reaction so be careful.

Edited by Miranda

The effects of being bitten in the throat by bees, and a massive vet bill.

pics of Elton when I first noticed the swelling (this came up so quickly), once at vets his breathing was monitored while the lump continued to swell.

As it turned out he was bitten in the throat and was starting to drain into his windpipe and going into his lungs! :laugh:

post-295-1193388632_thumb.jpg

post-295-1193388704_thumb.jpg

Ruby ate a wasp about a week after coming home, as a ten week old pup. She became lethargic and vomited three times, we whisked her to the vets asap. She made a full recovery pretty much by herself.

However a Stafford breeder I know has recently had a young bitch at the vets after what they think was the effects of eating a spider or wasp and after alot of money to get her right again, she is recovering.

Poppy bit a bee and her face puffed up, but thankfully it was only her cheek. I hate it when the snap at the bees and wasps.