Vasquez Collars

Cazz

Erny and I have chatted a little about them.

Looking at it, I think I prefer 'normal' martingales, they pull on both sides of the check chain, applying pressure all around the collar evenly. We're thinking that because the chain is attached to the collar at one end, it can't check evenly.

I'm also concerned that if the chain does lock, you'll be stuck, but with an unfixed chain, you'd have to have both sides lock.

I'd like to learn more about these collars. If anyone has used one, can you tell us your experience.

I've been using them for about 12 months and I find them very good. They are sturdier in the fabric than the normal martingale and don't fold over like some others. I haven't noticed any problems with the chain.

They have a new model out which I am expecting in the post. I will let you know the differences.

I mainly use them for special occasions like the upcoming PetExpo where Xena will meet & greet the public and do some tricks as I can't use a prong collar there.

I've actually been selling there leather one for the last few months on my website and use them on my gsd's with no problems.Just like a check chain you need to make sure they are put on the right way otherwise they don't release properly

They also custom make me the ones with the traditional traingle chains for those who prefer it i seem to sell quite a few of those ones as people are more used to them

Reddog21,is it the new fabric you're talking about with no buckle,had a look at it this morning,i much prefer the new fabric over the other one they've been using,however my preference is the leather and thats what i push as i love having the buckle for adjustment rather than a slide especially for hairy dogs

Edited by 4 Paws

Here's there regular leather Vasquez one i sell

vasquezleathercollar-1.jpg

And the one they can custom make for those who prefer the triangle chain

vasquezcollarstraingle002.jpg

It's really just personal preference but i'm selling more traingle chain than the regular one at the moment.

They sell an awfull lot of the webbing ones to training clubs

Edited by 4 Paws

Yes 4 Paws, it is the new one without the buckle. They have assured me it is a better product and I will try it out and reply back here. didn't know they sold a leather model :)

They said the new design webbing one has a lot more adjustment in it so the smaller one will fit sm-md and than the next size does md-xlg sizes

I must have an older version. The chain on the collars in the pics above seems to have a lot more of a twist in the links than the one I have where the links are almost flat....just doesn't release efficiently after a check and its much harder to initiate a check.

I like the look of the martingale, however, am concerned about the position of the buckle...using a martingale the way I do would put the buckle front and centre on the dogs neck?

I must have an older version. The chain on the collars in the pics above seems to have a lot more of a twist in the links than the one I have where the links are almost flat....just doesn't release efficiently after a check and its much harder to initiate a check.

I like the look of the martingale, however, am concerned about the position of the buckle...using a martingale the way I do would put the buckle front and centre on the dogs neck?

When i first looked into these collars they said they use very similar chains to herm sprengers

I'm buying a blue webbing one. Do they have the slider or buckle?

The new version has a slider adjustment. I played around with it last night but I still prefer the original version. I am going to have to talk to Vasquez at the PetExpo and ckeck how it should be fitted.

I'm buying a blue webbing one. Do they have the slider or buckle?

The regular ones have a buckle and a slide.The buckle is really just for putting it on and than you use the slide for getting correct neck adjustment.

The leather ones just have the buckle with various holes for getting correct fit which i like more especially if you're putting on and removing collars a fair bit