Speaker Wires

Cazz

I originally thought my rats were chewing them, now I know Buffy chewed them. All 5 were chewed through the 1st night, 3 were chewed the 2nd night, so the dogs are now confined to the laundry.

I had the dogs in their 'crates' in here. Buffy created a hole(she ripped the zipper off the side of her crate) and she used it as a doorless doorway.

What was her fascination with them and how can I stop her from doing it again?

Contain the beasts or supervise :)!

I caught my pup with jaws closing around my laptop power cord, just to the left of me as a type when he was younger- evil! I said, "Arh!" and he let go- now I've move it so I can see it out of the corner of my eye when I'm on the computer.

My 6 year old dog will still chew a quilt on occasion if given unsupervised access. I hope no-one looks at the repairs inside the doona covers.

They just like to chew and have no idea what's suitable for chewing. Thank God it wasn't a live electrical wire!

You can be sure she won't stop at speaker wires. Electrical wires could be next :mad Supervise, contain, puppy proof, as PW said.

My two year old cocker is getting much more trustworthy inside unsupervised, however she still has relapses IF I leave "edibles" in her reach.. Yesterday she chewed up a CD (A Fish called Wanda :cry: ), and today she "read" my TV guide and Vicdog when I went out :)

I think, like the people above said... supervision is the key.

That said, it might be worth trying the bitter bite spray just as a precaution. I used this spray on the posts of my pergola (sp?) outside which my dog was chewing and it seemed to do the trick.

Cheers,

Ishka

Agree with the other posters - NOTHING can stop a puppy chewing on things he shouldn't chew! You just have to keep him away from wires etc. When I had the puppies in the the house a couple of months ago I brought 2 of them into the office to show someone and within a couple of minutes they had chewed through the mouse cord of my computer!