My Beautiful Darling Oakley

cassie

Cassie, I'm so very sorry. I only just found this thread I saw the name Oakley and thought it had to be a different dog, surely. :rofl: You must be so devastated. I can't say "I'm sorry" enough.

Thinking of you at this very difficult time. :laugh:

Sweet dreams Oakley, rest easy.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thinking of you cass

Just this side of heaven is a place called The Rainbow Bridge

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross The Rainbow Bridge together....

Our hearts are with you Cassie, your husband, and Zephyr. You are a brave and loving person and gave the lovely Oakley a beautiful life. There are some special Saints waiting at Rainbow Bridge for him, and he will remain in your hearts forever.

Phillipa & Ian

Cassie I am so sorry to hear of Oakley. He was my favorurite dog on DOL, I could never get enough pictures of him, and his beautiful gentle face. He always made me smile or even giggle, as he looked like such a awesome character. He was truely a beautiful dog.

RIP Oakley.

Take care.

OMG, I'm.. I'm in shock. I, like many others on DOL, have watched Oakley grow through the photos you've posted of his puppyhood. From a gorgeous little puppy, to a dashing young boy. How devistating for you and your family.

Thinking of you all at this sad time.

RIP Oakley, you were a gorgeous boy who didn't deserve to have his life cut short.

:thumbsup:

Edited by ~Erin~

I know this doesn't cover it, but I am so sorry for you loss. We made a similar decision 12 months ago yesterday with our 7 month old BC. The good thing is the pain does dull, but the happy memories your boy brought you will never fade. Rest in Peace Oakley. :thumbsup:

omg, cassie im so sorry for you guys.... i, like so many others, read the title of the thread and thought surely its not little oakley

we've watched him grow, i feel terrible for you guys!!!!

RIP big man

Edited by sammy_ballerina